PDA

View Full Version : Why is the ED forum under "ask a dealer"?

Tanning machine
05-16-2004, 12:51 PM
I hope it's not a permanent change . . . But the ED forum has not been particularly dealer specific . . . and it's not tuning and tech either, for that matter . . .
:thumbdwn:

Overall I like the look fof the changes, but I hope we can get this board in a more appropriate location. Maybe "buying and service advice" or something.

postoak
05-16-2004, 01:22 PM
I agree. This makes no sense at all. :thumbdwn:

Mr. The Edge
05-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Would it be better if the "ask-a-dealer" forum simply switched names to "buying and leasing a BMW" :dunno:

cronimi
05-16-2004, 02:59 PM
I agree. This makes no sense at all. :thumbdwn:
Agreed. The "filing" of ED under Ask-a-Dealer is illogical. Really, ED should still be a main forum, not a sub-forum. :mad: :thumbdwn: :tsk:

'Cane
05-16-2004, 03:25 PM
What difference does it make wher this forum is located? :dunno:

Alex Baumann
05-16-2004, 03:35 PM

Agreed. It can be reached via the main page as well. :)

elver
05-16-2004, 04:15 PM
European Delivery is the main forum here, there is no ED forum in roadfly. Do not hide it, put it as a main forum

tim330i
05-16-2004, 05:21 PM
We are working on making the main page a little less intimidating and also grouping logical forums together into sections. As Mark's (pIXA4) post says we are working on tweaking the layout to make bimmerfest bigger and better.

Tim

tim330i
05-16-2004, 08:13 PM
We are looking at renaming some of the forums to encompass more topics. I guess we will have to agree to disagree about the need for the ED forum being a top level category, but I appreciate your feedback and will talk to the moderators and admin about this.

Tim

But they're not logically related. :dunno:

Dealer's could help answer questions about most of the topics here... European delivery makes as much sense as a top-level category as any of the other categories, and it's one of the things that this board is known for.

zhangqj
05-16-2004, 11:01 PM

then why not put it under "Audio Upgrades & Other In-Car Electronics" or the "test board". It should be in a logical place, not under "ask a dealer", that's the difference.

PilotKurt
05-17-2004, 12:26 AM
We are working on making the main page a little less intimidating

Burying the ED forum one level deeper does not make it less intimidating, but rather much harder to find (sort of like iDrive). I do not like the new location at all...please change it back. I have already noticed a significant dropoff in participation.

gdavis
05-17-2004, 05:04 AM
I have to agree about the ED needing to be at top level. I am a soon-to-be-owner of an E60 with ED and find the only real value to me being here is solely for ED insights.

I don't find much dialog on E60s so I usually check out another forum for that.

I was shocked to see it 'disappear' and assumed that it was gone until someone noticed that they forgot to put it back into the site.

Please reconsider your thoughts on this one. It is the only important one for me....

Mr. The Edge
05-17-2004, 07:31 AM
looks like it's back as it was

Tanning machine
05-17-2004, 07:40 AM
looks like it's back as it was

:banana:

Although in the middle of "tuning and tech" isn't totally logical, at least it's easier to find.

325SMG
05-17-2004, 01:35 PM
I kind of think it's harder to find as it is now. I guess if this thread gets long enough, it will be moved somewhere else.

LeucX3
05-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Burying the ED forum one level deeper does not make it less intimidating, but rather much harder to find (sort of like iDrive). I do not like the new location at all...please change it back. I have already noticed a significant dropoff in participation.
Not to be picky or anything, but you've only been here 2 months. It shouldn't be too ingrained in your thought process yet.

I don't see a problem with ED under Ask a Dealer. After all, you can only do ED through a dealer so you have to go to a dealership and ask them about it, right?