PDA

View Full Version : HELP...I'm B-Fest challenged

MarcusSDCA
05-17-2004, 12:03 AM
I always see these great photos of people's cars and I don't know how to post a pic myself. I've searched the FAQ section but to no avail. Thanks for the help...maybe someone can link me to the thread??? Thanks

Marcus :dunno:

AB
05-17-2004, 12:09 AM
I always see these great photos of people's cars and I don't know how to post a pic myself. I've searched the FAQ section but to no avail. Thanks for the help...maybe someone can link me to the thread??? Thanks

Marcus :dunno:

Easy....in the box below where you type your message you will see an area entitled "Additional Options". Go there, and click on "manage attachments", and there you will see the browse/upload area. That's all there is to it! :D

tim330i
05-17-2004, 12:20 AM
Click on the "manage attachments" button when you post a new post or a reply (different from the quick reply button). Select the files from your computer and they will be uploaded to the site.

Tim

MarcusSDCA
05-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Click on the "manage attachments" button when you post a new post or a reply (different from the quick reply button). Select the files from your computer and they will be uploaded to the site.

Tim

Thanks...I tried to upload a photo and it says the file is too large (1.03 MB). The limit is 400-something kb. How can I chop this pic down or lower the size?? Thanks for any help.

Hopeless in San Diego

tim330i
05-17-2004, 06:54 PM
You will need a photo editing software. Perhaps someone can suggest a good free program?

Tim

ruzo64
08-11-2004, 12:40 PM
You will need a photo editing software. Perhaps someone can suggest a good free program?

Tim

Here is an easy way to do it using your existing microsoft paint program. Right click on your picture, when the dialogue box appears left click "open with" chen choose the "paint" program. when the picture opens in paint, click the "image" tab on the top, left click the "stretch/skew" option, and enter equal percentages for the approximate size photo you want in the "stretch" boxes. (If you want it half as big, put in 50% in each box, etc) then click "ok". When you see that the pic is the size you want, do a "save as," rename your file in case you want to keep the other pic, and make sure you choose jpeg or something similar in the bottom drop down box because you dont want to save it as a bitmap.

Good Luck, Ruzo :thumbup:

bmw325
08-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Here is an easy way to do it using your existing microsoft paint program. Right click on your picture, when the dialogue box appears left click "open with" chen choose the "paint" program. when the picture opens in paint, click the "image" tab on the top, left click the "stretch/skew" option, and enter equal percentages for the approximate size photo you want in the "stretch" boxes. (If you want it half as big, put in 50% in each box, etc) then click "ok". When you see that the pic is the size you want, do a "save as," rename your file in case you want to keep the other pic, and make sure you choose jpeg or something similar in the bottom drop down box because you dont want to save it as a bitmap.

Good Luck, Ruzo :thumbup:

Also, remember to save the file has jpeg (.jpg).This will also help to reduce the size.

operknockity
08-11-2004, 02:04 PM

Tim Assuming you are running on Windows, you can't beat IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: