PDA

View Full Version : X5 Gas Mods

chrisflipmd
05-19-2004, 06:25 AM
After realizing that paying at the pump exceeds fifty dollars, I thought it'd be time to start saving a little. Does anybody know if there are any modifications that can be added to the X5 to improve fuel efficiency? Taking out the seats and spare tire doesn't count... :p

Thanks,
Chris

Emission
05-19-2004, 07:43 AM
Keep the tires at max pressure reduces their rolling resistance... and keeping the car in tune maximizes how the engine uses fuel (just make sure the air filter is clean).

Best suggestion is a light foot on the throttle.

P.S. - We just filled our tank last week for $56.19!

LeucX3
05-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Start filling up when you reach half a tank. That'll make each pump purchase less...even though there will be more of them. ;)

Patrick
05-19-2004, 09:04 AM
Strange. My last fill up (today) cost me $93 USD ... and I thought it was cheaper than the last fill up 10 days ago. Ok, I did buy 5 liters for the lawn mower.

:eek:

-

swindonhost
05-19-2004, 02:59 PM
After realizing that paying at the pump exceeds fifty dollars, I thought it'd be time to start saving a little. Does anybody know if there are any modifications that can be added to the X5 to improve fuel efficiency? Taking out the seats and spare tire doesn't count... :p

Thanks,
Chris

Replace petrol engine with diesel version :rofl:

Clarke
05-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Replace petrol engine with diesel version :rofl::stupid: It's a big heavy brick you are moving through the air most any mods are unlikely to return their cost in fuel savings.You could tailgate trucks really closely and use their draft to help a little;).Our X5s are great vehicles but this is one of the tradeoffs that every car balances in different directions.:thumbup: