BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Straight Line Performance

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Spartan Eagle 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the BMW world, and am hovering right on the edge on getting an 06 M3 pretty soon. I have checked into the overall pros/cons of the car, also how it compares with the E92 335i or maybe even 135i. The 335i/135 are in close second as well. Now I know the ///M is def the performance car and eats the others alive in handling. I want a bit more info as far as straight line speed.

I have heard of so much of the all infamous jb chip which all of a sudden makes it a "M killer" which they sell for less than $600 from what I have seen. Which one becomes the best bang for your buck when it comes to the straight line. Main thoughts coming from Chip/piggyback for $600 + im assuming supporting mods for higher stages = $XXXX? versus E46 M3 and getting a 10k+ supercharger or HPF kit.

According to HPF stage 1 youre looking at around 424 rwhp and thats at least 10k
With the chip on a 335, how much will the supporting mods in addition add up to?

Thanks for all the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.