BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ASK CD Radio/Changer

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bmw745li01 
#1 · (Edited)
Purchased a used ASK Radio CD Player for my 2006 750i and it arrived DOA. The unit would not pick up the cd player. It would also shut off after 5 seconds indicating some form of shortage. It only turn on the front speakers for the five seconds. Does this sound familar to anyone?The unit also had noticeable water damage. All that being said, I noticed that when I removed the large plug a red laser light is on. Just above the red light it appears to be another light that is not on. Does anyone know if the red light is the only one that should on?

Trying to avoind that big dealership hit but looks as if I may have no choice. :mad:

#2 · (Edited)
Hi,
I guess I can help.
What year is your ask unit??
Does it have those extra buttons for facelifted model??

Also you have to code it to your car as well. But the best and cheapest way would be to rebuild your original unit.btw what was the issue with your old one?
Yes only one red light should be on.

#4 · (Edited)
1. 2006
2. Buttons on the front are Mode, AM, FM , CD Eject Button and CD Arrow Buttons
3. How do you code it to your car?

Sound is only coming from the right door speaker and rear right side only. Also very crackling.
So it's facelifted ask unit. But if it's making crackling noise it's fried already so there is no sense to install it.
Coding won't help. But to code it you need progman or ncsexpert. But if you install facelifted model to facelifted car it should work okay even without coding, but yes ask unit has to have your vin number coded.
That's it.... Sorry you bought broken ask unit.... The seller is an as-le if he said it was in tip top condition.
Btw do you have aux input in your idrive ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.