BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ABS Lights

793 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  mrmanmn 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have '96 750iL (built date: Sep 95) with 200K + miles on it. My ABS & Traction Control Lights ON. Here's what I have done:

I bought everything used either form eBay or Craigslist,
ABS module (located behind glove compartment)
ABS/Pump module (Flushed Brake fluid after replaced)
Wheel speed sensors

My lights are still on. Do I need to have it re-code? (does it have to be by the dealer?)
or am I missing something?

Now, my step-father's 2000 528 is doing the same thing!
I just ordered a "rebuilt" ABS module (guarrantied!). I will swap out once received it.
Does this need to re-code as well?

Does anyone know the resistance value of the e38? and e39?

Thank you for your advice,

mrmanmn

See less See more
#2 ·
ABS - Traction Control Lights

2000 - 528i - 88K miles

I replaced the ABS module with 1 I bought on Ebay, checked all wheel sensors (looks good to me), I measured the Ohm reading, I don't know what the value is but all 4 wheels read the same so they must be good!

Can't get rid of the light. Drove around for couple of day (30 miles), did not help. I read some posts that say it needs to "re-code". Made an appointment with the dealer, the minute I stopped at the service bay...the lights are gone! Well, I thought I made it here, lets the dealer check for all codes.

The dealer came back with bad main control module (ACS) = $1,600 parts/labor!

Do I have other options? Can I buy a used control module? What am I get into if I buy a used one?

Any experts out there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.