PDA

View Full Version : LAX restaurant @ Bradley Terminal

Gig103
04-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm going to have a 3 hour layover at LAX in the international terminal (Bradley?). I was wondering what the best restaurant is, since it isn't my money? :thumbup:

Prost
04-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm going to have a 3 hour layover at LAX in the international terminal (Bradley?). I was wondering what the best restaurant is, since it isn't my money? :thumbup:

If there is one...I can't find it...sorry!

Andrew*Debbie
04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
They've opened up the the "theme" restaurant again. It isn't in Bradley terminal though.

http://www.encounterlax.com/encounter_dining.html

I ate there ages and ages ago -- it was dreadful back then, but you did get a good view of the airport.

b-y
04-12-2012, 01:29 PM

Gig:

I had to kill a few evening hours at LAX waiting for SD 335is (Tom) to give me a ride to the VDC in Oxnard last November. I did a bit of a search then to see what the options would be. There is a complete list (http://www.lawa.org/tenantLAXResult.aspx?airport=4&category=31&sindicator=qs) (3 pages long) of the airport restaurants at the LAWA website.

"Encounter" is in the middle and gets mixed reviews. I did not try it. There are about 10 places at TBIT, but I don't see any online menus so you might have to explore to find something you'll like.

I actually decided to stay in Terminal 1 as I arrived on SW. My meal at the "Back Lot Deli" was just fair-to-good. In retrospect I think I would have been happier at the Mexican restaurant. What I did do after the meal was go to the US Air lounge to wait. They let me in for free with my Amex Platinum card. (I also have a generic airlines club card, but the person at the desk said they prefer the Amex card. I have a guess as to the reason, but I didn't ask any questions.)

Have a safe trip.

--Yale

FastMarkA
04-12-2012, 04:15 PM
You'll probably have to transfer terminals since it's rare that connections happen inside TBIT.

That means a departure from security, and if I have 3 hours to kill at LAX, I run to In-N-Out burger. Just take the Parking Spot shuttle to the Sepulveda location and boom you're there.

The food at the Encounter is not that good, although it is more accessible.

Nothing like an animal style burger and fries well done before a long flight. :)

Andrew*Debbie
04-12-2012, 11:51 PM
We've eaten at the Mexican Restaurant in the Bradley terminal. I don't recall if it was good or bad and Debbie doesn't remember eating there at all.

We mostly fly in and out of Terminal 2. Last time I was there, I got some food from Starbucks. . .

Gig103
04-13-2012, 12:57 AM
You'll probably have to transfer terminals since it's rare that connections happen inside TBIT.

That means a departure from security, and if I have 3 hours to kill at LAX, I run to In-N-Out burger. Just take the Parking Spot shuttle to the Sepulveda location and boom you're there.

The food at the Encounter is not that good, although it is more accessible.

Nothing like an animal style burger and fries well done before a long flight. :)

Ah, the security thing stinks, and will eat up some of my 2.5 hours. I have In-N-Out 2 miles from my home in AZ so I will pass, although I can totally see the appeal!

Thanks for all the replies.

Andrew*Debbie
04-13-2012, 03:46 AM
Ah, the security thing stinks, and will eat up some of my 2.5 hours.

My advice is to check in for your international flight first, then see how much time you have left.