PDA

View Full Version : My Itinerary rough draft.. tips needed!

southpole12
04-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Hey everyone so I have the rough draft of my itinerary figured out but I need tips on things to do there. All tips are welcome!

July 25 Fly to Amsterdam from New York
July 26 Spend the day in Amsterdam (Van gogh museum) and other stuff. Take the train overnight to Boom, Belgium
July 27 Tomorrowland Musica festival in Boom, Belgium
July 28 Recovery day lol and some sightseeing (tips)... overnight train to Munich
July 29 Pick up the Audi TT RS in Munich
July 30 sightseeing in Munich
July 31 Drive to Florence or Rome that is a day of driving for sure.
August 1 spend time sightseeing (again tips)
August 2 more time in italy
August 3 drive to the Swiss alps (where should I go I know there are different spots like luzern)
August 4 spend some time in Switzerland (tips)
August 5 now here is the problem which I can really use help on!! I was gonna drop the car in Zurich but I just realized I forgot the nurburgring. I have 2 more days to put in there before I fly back any suggestions... I was thinking of driving up there than drop at the port in belgium.

JSpira
04-22-2012, 07:41 PM
I would eliminate Rome, drive no further into Italy than Verona (stay at the Villa Quaranta), and then head towards CH.

You can continue in a northerly direction and eventually end up at your port.

southpole12
04-22-2012, 08:59 PM
I would eliminate Rome, drive no further into Italy than Verona (stay at the Villa Quaranta), and then head towards CH.

You can continue in a northerly direction and eventually end up at your port.

Thanks for the advice! What is CH?

JSpira
04-23-2012, 06:21 AM
What is CH?Switzerland

Kamdog
04-23-2012, 08:16 AM
I agree about not going to Rome, it is too far, the city is crazy to drive in, and there is too much to see.

As for Switzerland or Tuscany, personally, I would go to Tuscany and plot a course through Florence and smaller towns in the countryside. http://goitaly.about.com/od/tuscany/tp/toptuscany.htm

CH is very pretty, but expensive and does not have the same character, IMO, that Tuscany has.

southpole12
04-25-2012, 06:21 AM
I agree about not going to Rome, it is too far, the city is crazy to drive in, and there is too much to see.

As for Switzerland or Tuscany, personally, I would go to Tuscany and plot a course through Florence and smaller towns in the countryside. http://goitaly.about.com/od/tuscany/tp/toptuscany.htm

CH is very pretty, but expensive and does not have the same character, IMO, that Tuscany has.

Thanks for the tips I will skip Rome and do Tuscany + Florence.

Andrew*Debbie
04-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Audi does European delivery in Munich? I thought they were in Ingolstadt. I've never looked into their program. Or are you picking up a rental?

With Mercedes you pick up the car near the plant it was built at. Unlike BMW, MB has a factory delivery program for UK residents.

Asteroid
04-25-2012, 07:05 PM
If you're going to Switzerland to do some hiking or to drive mountain passes, I think that you could do the same in northern Italy. You could base yourself in one of the towns in Tyrolia/Alto Adige and find great roads to drive and really nice trails to hike.

southpole12
04-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Audi does European delivery in Munich? I thought they were in Ingolstadt. I've never looked into their program. Or are you picking up a rental?

With Mercedes you pick up the car near the plant it was built at. Unlike BMW, MB has a factory delivery program for UK residents.

Yea actually I think it is ingolstadt thanks for correcting that.

southpole12
04-29-2012, 02:40 PM
If you're going to Switzerland to do some hiking or to drive mountain passes, I think that you could do the same in northern Italy. You could base yourself in one of the towns in Tyrolia/Alto Adige and find great roads to drive and really nice trails to hike.

Thanks that sounds really good I think I will add that!