PDA

View Full Version : How to crosspost without crossposting?

SAZMan
06-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Maybe it is just me, but I've seen a lot of crossposting lately, mostly, it seems, from people trying to draw more attention to their questions (e.g. try one area, if not enough responses, try another with the same or similar post). Is there a right way to go about broadening the audience of your posts without running afoul of crossposting rules?

Alex Baumann
06-04-2004, 11:37 AM
I think 'My post won't get enough attention on board A, so I better post it on board B too' is an urban legend. Believe me, members are reading every thread that is getting posted on the Bimmerfest on every specific forum.

So, do not worry :)

jw
06-04-2004, 11:40 AM
I think 'My post won't get enough attention on board A, so I better post it on board B too' is an urban legend. Believe me, members are reading every thread that is getting posted on the Bimmerfest on every specific forum.

So, do not worry :)
I'm still part of the "ignore forum" crowd. I almost never browse forums but rather hit the new posts link. Many messages in many forums are of little interest but nonetheless, I take the time to skim through them because I do pay attention to about 4-5 forums here.

alee
06-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Don't crosspost, period.

Post in the forum that is most relevant to your discussion. If there is no response, it is typically acceptable to bump the thread to the top again once, but give it some time.

A good percentage of users here browse the forums using "View New Posts", which means they will see your post, no matter where it's posted.

Alex Baumann
06-04-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm still part of the "ignore forum" crowd. I almost never browse forums but rather hit the new posts link. Many messages in many forums are of little interest but nonetheless, I take the time to skim through them because I do pay attention to about 4-5 forums here.

What I am trying to say is that for every thread posted here, there will be some interested in and read it somehow.

jw
06-04-2004, 11:55 AM
What I am trying to say is that for every thread posted here, there will be some interested in and read it somehow.
Ahhh... so true!!

Kaz

Agreed. If your post isn't generating any responses, most likely it was posted during a bad time (when there is a LOT of traffic and it quickly falls off the top, or in the middle of the night US time), or it's truly not something of interest/within the scope of knowledge of the folks here.

Alex Baumann
Ahhh... so true!!

For instance, me :D

jw
06-04-2004, 11:56 AM
I do believe you read every single thread! :thumbup:

jw
06-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Agreed. If your post isn't generating any responses, most likely it was posted during a bad time (when there is a LOT of traffic and it quickly falls off the top, or in the middle of the night US time), or it's truly not something of interest/within the scope of knowledge of the folks here.
That happens a lot here during peak times. But then there's always the power of the :bump:

Dr. Phil
06-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Don't forget aty and Pete :p

Alex Baumann
06-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Don't forget aty and Pete :p

Aty is not only reading, but also mesmerizing them :eek:

doeboy
06-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Aty is not only reading, but also mesmerizing them :eek:

How do you mesmerize a thread? :eek: :eeps: :angel: :D

Alex Baumann
06-05-2004, 02:24 AM
How do you mesmerize a thread? :eek: :eeps: :angel: :D

:lmao:

Don't drink and post :rolleyes:

Alex repeats himself "memorize, memorize, memorize ........."

doeboy
06-05-2004, 03:04 AM
:lmao:

Don't drink and post :rolleyes:

Alex repeats himself "memorize, memorize, memorize ........."

:rofl:

:beerchug: :D

TeamM3
06-14-2004, 05:54 PM
of course I would never do this :angel: but

post it in the incorrect area and when the mods finally get around to doing their job :p and move it to the correct area the deed is done because the link stays in the area it was originally posted in, only negative is the original link can't be bumped so it will disappear into the back pages within several days depending on posting traffic :eeps: