thrust rods? HELP PLEASE [Archive] - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

: thrust rods? HELP PLEASE

bean 22
06-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Dealer told me that my thrust rods are cracked in half and must be replaced. I tried to look up the part and cant find it anywhere. I know that they are bushings but are they called anything else and does anybody no how much they cost? help im new to the BMW family.

06-10-2012, 11:34 AM

Depending on whether they are talking about upper or lower control arms they could also be called wishbone or tension strut.

06-11-2012, 06:29 AM
Thrust bushings. Tension struts. Extremely common problem on ALL BMW's. My wife's X5 needs them too with only 60k miles.

06-11-2012, 07:48 AM

If it's just the bushings and the ball joint at the other end is fine, you can buy a pair of the bushings at the dealer for around $90 and have your shop press them in.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App

06-12-2012, 06:51 AM
On Ebay you can get the whole strut for only a few more bills than trying to deal with the bushings alone (pressing out and in etc). Less of a hassle. I found some for the X% for only 135 dollars for the pair.