PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever custom painted their wheels??

westtnfx4
06-07-2012, 07:46 PM
I've done this on other cars and trucks and I'm going to do mine on the BMW. I know how to paint and make it look professional. Prolly do it this weekend.

Question is which one you guys like the best? Quick photoshop.....

Like this....
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/78ad81de.jpg

Or this....

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/73a260a7.jpg

Db750
06-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Both look absolutely horrendous.

Carboy7
06-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I burst out laughing but you are absolutely right. :rofl:

Sorry west, but I think your car looks great already.

westtnfx4
06-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to do the first one. I like it.

westtnfx4
06-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I also like the gun metal grey like this....

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/dc28e18b.jpg

westtnfx4
06-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I guess not :shrug:

jkess114
06-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I also like the gun metal grey like this....

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/dc28e18b.jpg

I put this into the category, wheels pasted on - having nothing to do with the car they are on.

So many people get hooked on rims. I am of the opinion that the rims are part of the car and not something extra.The Gun metal color doesn't even go with the color of the car. its possible that the very top photo you selected might look "okay" if a very good job is done, but that "look" is going to take an otherwise extremely well proportioned, well designed car (which INCLUDES the rims) and try to make it tricky looking. About nine out of ten of people's attempts to enhance their car ends in failure. Failure in my book means 'does not improve the aesthetics of the car they are driving over what the designers wound up with'.

-Two very quiet cents

westtnfx4
06-08-2012, 07:27 PM
I strongly disagree. I'm from more of a truck world and we do this kind of thing all the time with great outcomes. This is a friends F250 we done just this week.

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/ba4d5ba7.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/0f12783d.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/0a1f89a8.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/d36d1336.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/f42a8def.jpg

I've done others. I'm good at proving people wrong :D
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/b8375bb2.jpg

WALKDBEAST
06-08-2012, 08:25 PM
The truck wheels...were they chrome and you painted over the chrome?

westtnfx4
06-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Polished not chrome. And yes. They are just old stock wheels and temporary till my buddy buys new wheels. Just a example of what you can do to a stock wheel or any other wheel.

westtnfx4
06-09-2012, 08:03 PM
What everyone here scared to try something different? Shhhish.

westtnfx4
06-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Heres a proper photoshop from the computer. I'm going to do it in vinyl. Haters gona hate....it's cool tho. :D

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/23cfe290.jpg

745on22s
06-10-2012, 01:10 PM
lol@Haters gona hate. My kid runs around saying that

Guest091814
06-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Do what you like bro. You ask for opinions and when you hear something opposing your opinion they're considered haters. At the end you'll be with it 24/7 and you'll be driving it not us. So do whatever appeals to your satisfaction

westtnfx4
06-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Oh don't worry I will. Just trying to expand the normal here. I have vinyl on order and should be doin this soon. If I end up not liking it (I doubt that) I can just peal it off.

Suri [TBR]
06-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Heres a proper photoshop from the computer. I'm going to do it in vinyl. Haters gona hate....it's cool tho. :D

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/23cfe290.jpg

I actually really like it man. The style 95's get boring really fast so I like how you're trying to change it up :D

04seven45
06-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Its your car you get to drive it do w.e makes u happy, i dont know. Like them or not. Ill hold my judgent until its done, ive done a few not on my cars but friends camr out sick. Its just ghetto tho lol

westtnfx4
06-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Ghetto is putting 22" wheels on a BMW....you got your facts wrong lol.

quarterto8
06-16-2012, 06:03 AM
Ghetto is putting 22" wheels on a BMW....you got your facts wrong lol.

This is a first one! Or maybe I forgot the definition of what ghetto means. I am pretty sure after your done with this ugly mod on your stock wheels and I put my "ghetto" bmw on 22s I can with confidence say that most will call your car ghetto or think " aww this poor guy couldn't afford a nice set of wheels so he tried and paint his stock wheels".

westtnfx4
06-16-2012, 08:44 AM
It's obvious you don't know me or you'd know money is not the issue. And honestly I don't care what people think of what I do to my cars and trucks. I was simply asking if anyone out there might have thought out of the box and maybe tried something different. And yes you go to the ghetto and look around and you'll see slums with Mercedes and BMW's on 22's 24's 26's and so forth. Now granted there are some nice looking 22's out there but you don't have that set.

I see a ton of people wrapping there cars.....I'm going to be using vinyl as well instead of paint. But it's a hot sunny day and that means I'm loading my boat up and heading out. :D

quarterto8
06-16-2012, 09:09 AM
It's obvious you don't know me or you'd know money is not the issue. And honestly I don't care what people think of what I do to my cars and trucks. I was simply asking if anyone out there might have thought out of the box and maybe tried something different. And yes you go to the ghetto and look around and you'll see slums with Mercedes and BMW's on 22's 24's 26's and so forth. Now granted there are some nice looking 22's out there but you don't have that set.

I see a ton of people wrapping there cars.....I'm going to be using vinyl as well instead of paint. But it's a hot sunny day and that means I'm loading my boat up and heading out. :D

AND obviously you didn't read my comment. Don't get your expensive panties in a twist. I didn't say you have no money nor do I care how much of or how little you have. You asked an opinion about your idea on your stock wheels and most people commented on them against you. Then you went forward with generalizing a whole community of bmw owners with 22inch rims by calling them ghetto. The only thing I will agree with you on is the fact that the slums do have older brand name cars with cheap no brand rims because they like the flash. You don't like my wheels could be true but I have a feeling you are only saying that because I hurt your feelings. I didn't get my wheels for everyone to like. I LIKED THEM so I bought them(from a trust known member who I can't wait to to read that you think his previous wheels are ghetto). I purchased the wheels and posted them on here for everyone to see. So relax, go on your paddle boat and have a beer. All Is good. :-)

Tenn
06-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Is this a Tennessee vs Texas THANG? LOL!

westtnfx4
06-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Its just ghetto tho lol

This is what really kicked things off....in no way am I upset or mad lol. I'd have to care to give a crap.

Going out and buying wheels is easy....using skill with invention is better IMO.

You did make me think of this tho :D

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/e907511d.jpg

quarterto8
06-16-2012, 10:37 AM
This is what really kicked things off....in no way am I upset or mad lol. I'd have to care to give a crap.

Going out and buying wheels is easy....using skill with invention is better IMO.

You did make me think of this tho :D

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/e907511d.jpg

That's funny because to me you started the comment of calling everyone with 22inch wheels on a bmw ghetto. It's over with. You made your point and I've made mine.

On with my day

Rookie2008
06-16-2012, 10:40 AM
I am sorry I must say something in regards to the whole ghetto thing. I see cars coming off the lot with rims now more than ever before so I am confused on the GHETTO thing:dunno:? Also I see older an younger people driving all types of cars with 20's, an 22's ect. Does that make them Ghetto? I truly feel offended that because I have 22's on my 7 I would be looked at (BY YOU) as GHETTO.......:yikes::rofl: (GOOD ONE). For the record if you like your wheels that fine but like someone else stated b4 just because someone else doesn't like it doesn't make them a hater. That's the reason for so many styles of rims cause not every one like the same style. As for how much $ you make no one cares who make what or how much here "For The Record". I must not forget I actually like the idea of what you want to do with the style 95's its Different:thumbup:.

TXSTYLE
06-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Ghetto... Hmmmm...?

So tell us oh west, in your infinite wisdom and extensive wheel knowledge, what 22" wheels are NOT ghetto?

The wheels you refer to on quarterto8 car happen to be 3-pc wheels from Symbolic Luxury Wheels which was acquired by Asanti. You may have heard of them... :dunno:

A few observations...

1. YOU asked for opinions and then you throw out the 'haters gonna hate' which actually can be construed as a 'ghetto' statement.

2. In my experience, people who tend to mention things such as, "if you knew me money is no object blah, blah" do not have ca$h. Big money is silent and simply acts or shows itself at the right moment.

3. Your idea of "painting factory wheels" seems to be not only 'ghetto' as you would say, but cheap and not befitting on a 7.

4. Being a noobie err uhhm rookie... One would think you would demonstrate more tact in general. That is unless of course you are just Trolling through...

~ Big Marcus

westtnfx4
06-18-2012, 06:23 AM
I am sorry I must say something in regards to the whole ghetto thing. I see cars coming off the lot with rims now more than ever before so I am confused on the GHETTO thing:dunno:? Also I see older an younger people driving all types of cars with 20's, an 22's ect. Does that make them Ghetto? I truly feel offended that because I have 22's on my 7 I would be looked at (BY YOU) as GHETTO.......:yikes::rofl: (GOOD ONE). For the record if you like your wheels that fine but like someone else stated b4 just because someone else doesn't like it doesn't make them a hater. That's the reason for so many styles of rims cause not every one like the same style. As for how much $ you make no one cares who make what or how much here "For The Record". I must not forget I actually like the idea of what you want to do with the style 95's its Different:thumbup:.

If you read correctly you would see I said there are nice 22's out there but there are ghetto 22's as well. Oh and thanks.

Ghetto... Hmmmm...?

So tell us oh west, in your infinite wisdom and extensive wheel knowledge, what 22" wheels are NOT ghetto?

The wheels you refer to on quarterto8 car happen to be 3-pc wheels from Symbolic Luxury Wheels which was acquired by Asanti. You may have heard of them... :dunno:

A few observations...

1. YOU asked for opinions and then you throw out the 'haters gonna hate' which actually can be construed as a 'ghetto' statement.

2. In my experience, people who tend to mention things such as, "if you knew me money is no object blah, blah" do not have ca$h. Big money is silent and simply acts or shows itself at the right moment.

3. Your idea of "painting factory wheels" seems to be not only 'ghetto' as you would say, but cheap and not befitting on a 7.

4. Being a noobie err uhhm rookie... One would think you would demonstrate more tact in general. That is unless of course you are just Trolling through...

~ Big Marcus

Yes I know the wheel....don't look near as good as yours.

1) Yes I did. I like the good and the bad.

2) This comment brought on my statement but its obvious you just skipped to the parts you wanted to see....
This is a first one! Or maybe I forgot the definition of what ghetto means. I am pretty sure after your done with this ugly mod on your stock wheels and I put my "ghetto" bmw on 22s I can with confidence say that most will call your car ghetto or think " aww this poor guy couldn't afford a nice set of wheels so he tried and paint his stock wheels".

Yes I commented back like any red blooded American would. Get over it.

3) For the 3rd time I'm NOT painting them. Learn to read things other than the title.

4) Being new here I would think you would do the same and read before you post. :bigpimp:

Not ghetto....

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/f4fe459d.jpg

Ghetto....

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/9231dbbf.jpg

First_745Li
06-18-2012, 09:01 AM

Lmao.

***CCCP***
06-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Ghetto... Hmmmm...?

A few observations...

~ Big Marcus

Lol. OWNED.
U SAID IT ALL BRO

***CCCP***
06-18-2012, 09:19 AM

Come on man who cares dont get offended bc some1 said something like if u have 22 its ghetto. There are only 20% of members whos opinion counts and we all know them. :))))))

westtnfx4
06-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Learn out to use the multi quote man ^^^

***CCCP***
06-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Learn out to use the multi quote man ^^^
. Im on the phone i cant multi quote. Smart @ss

westtnfx4
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Get a iPhone then you cheap dumbass.

***CCCP***
06-18-2012, 08:16 PM

Hahahahahaha this is my 4th iphone so b4 calling somebody names why dont u find out. With the app u cant use multi quote. And if u dont like something dont read. Who the hell are u to make the rules around here?
Damn this is fan

Suri [TBR]
06-19-2012, 01:55 AM

Uncalled for man. I too have an iPhone and I can't use the multi-quote function. No need to be harsh, especially to respected members like CCCP.

Get this mod done and post up some pics so we can all see how it turns out.

***CCCP***
06-19-2012, 02:21 AM
;6903586']Uncalled for man. I too have an iPhone and I can't use the multi-quote function. No need to be harsh, especially to respected members like CCCP.

Thx bro. Non of the members should be called names period. We all have a lot of respect for eachother here regardless of who u are how much money u make etc. here wer are all the same and have one thing in comon that we love. But its another story.
Suri do u have spacers on ur car. I remember back in the day somebody put spacers on chrome 128s and the car was black. Not sure if that were u or somebody else? If u do what size?

Seven11
06-19-2012, 02:48 AM
wow

is this clown serious?

troll

post pictures of your painted wheels

***CCCP***
06-19-2012, 03:12 AM
wow

is this clown serious?

troll

He wont as in the beginning he made a mistake and got to the wrong forum. Then he realized that its not a honda civic fan club. And now its just hard to admit it.

Suri [TBR]
06-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Thx bro. Non of the members should be called names period. We all have a lot of respect for eachother here regardless of who u are how much money u make etc. here wer are all the same and have one thing in comon that we love. But its another story.
Suri do u have spacers on ur car. I remember back in the day somebody put spacers on chrome 128s and the car was black. Not sure if that were u or somebody else? If u do what size?

No worries man! I hear you on that one :D

And that's not me buddy, I don't have any spacers. I've been thinking for the longest time that I should do spacers and a drop but I don't feel like spending any more money right now :(

westtnfx4
06-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Hahahahahaha this is my 4th iphone so b4 calling somebody names why dont u find out. With the app u cant use multi quote. And if u dont like something dont read. Who the hell are u to make the rules around here?
Damn this is fan
I'm posting from a iPhone 4s and with safari multiqoute is not a problem.

;6903586']Uncalled for man. I too have an iPhone and I can't use the multi-quote function. No need to be harsh, especially to respected members like CCCP.

Your right. I guess being called a smart ass set it off.

You called me a smartass....I called you a dumbass. It's a wash.

wow

is this clown serious?

troll

I'm not freaking painting the wheels for the 100th time. Geez.

He wont as in the beginning he made a mistake and got to the wrong forum. Then he realized that its not a honda civic fan club. And now its just hard to admit it.

This clown wouldn't own a Honda. This is my 5th BMW. I'm not tying to rice anything out. Just add and custom touch to a otherwise boring wheel.
I didnt realize people would be so against it. It's cool tho.

I hope to have my vinyl in this week to get this project done. :D

Seven11
06-19-2012, 11:21 PM
no need to call forum members names

we not are not 12 years old here

and owning an iPhone is nothing to be proud :rofl:

it does not impress anybody

***CCCP***
06-20-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm posting from a iPhone 4s and with safari multiqoute is not a problem.

Your right. I guess being called a smart ass set it off.

You called me a smartass....I called you a dumbass. It's a wash.

I'm not freaking painting the wheels for the 100th time. Geez.

This clown wouldn't own a Honda. This is my 5th BMW. I'm not tying to rice anything out. Just add and custom touch to a otherwise boring wheel.
I didnt realize people would be so against it. It's cool tho.

I hope to have my vinyl in this week to get this project done. :D

No hard feelings at all i called u smartass with the smile on my face wasnt even serious. :))) the point is i dont really need u to tell me how to use the phone and how to post. Lol. Good luck with ur wheels

beamlord
06-20-2012, 03:36 AM

I hate Iphoney even more now that it's been 2 years since BMW promised to release the BMW remote app for Android and it still didn't happen. Seems like another conspiracy to force people into getting Iphoneys just for the sake of being able to use the BMW Remote features.

At least I've got my son's Ipod to play around with the app :D

Seven11
06-20-2012, 03:38 AM
I hate Iphoney even more now that it's been 2 years since BMW promised to release the BMW remote app for Android and it still didn't happen. Seems like another conspiracy to force people into getting Iphoneys just for the sake of being able to use the BMW Remote features.

At least I've got my son's Ipod to play around with the app :D

you are not cool enough to own an Iphone

just admit it :D

:rofl:

beamlord
06-20-2012, 04:02 AM
you are not cool enough to own an Iphone

just admit it :D

:rofl:

Yeah gotta admit it. I'm by far not as cool as all those 14yo schoolgirls with Iphones :(

westtnfx4
06-20-2012, 06:03 AM

Your right. So when you call me a clown & Troll does that not count?
wow

is this clown serious?

troll

I like my iPhone. Never said I was better than anyone cause I have it. I said (for those of you who can't read) you CAN multi quote from Safari.

Oh and likewise on having a smile on my face when I read this and you guys replays. It's pretty funny seeing you post something without reading and implying a bunch of BS:tsk:

Rookie2008
06-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Why don't you just invest in something like these. It almost looks like what you are trying to achieve :dunno:

westtnfx4
09-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Well thanks to my wife ruining a tire and wheels I decided to go with aftermarket wheel (I know this will break your hearts) I went with a 20x10 and 20x8.5 Zenetti wheel with Nitto tires. I found these on CL for a decent price so I went for it.

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m515/westtnfx4/66C47A71-888D-4619-8C22-D921B7983F05-156-000000044E88A3F2.jpg

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m515/westtnfx4/7C68F6EE-C8C8-46FE-BC83-0636659DAB2C-156-00000004554C1ABE.jpg

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m515/westtnfx4/09F5FAC9-707F-47E2-B576-EDE1ACC3D1DD-156-00000004469D2BE9.jpg

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m515/westtnfx4/6C16A7B6-0329-4FE1-9569-0EC13EE5FC6F-156-0000000474C4B7FA.jpg

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m515/westtnfx4/2E4C4257-E702-466B-9850-4876BD49180B-156-000000047A97628D.jpg