PDA

View Full Version : Water keeps leaking somehow in the passenger floor every time it's rains.

BostonCEO
06-08-2012, 01:16 AM
its weird because nothing else gets wet but the passenger side floor.I had my mechanic check the drains in the sunroof along with the ones under the hood.He says they aren't clogged and as I'm in a wheelchair it's hard for me to check myself.What else do you think the problem can be?

Boing745
06-08-2012, 09:48 AM
i had the same problem and never found out what the problem was, many threads on here talk about the same thing and no answer, atleast i havent found one

pkathee
06-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Search button is your best friend..........

Anyway, common problem with E65/ E66. Leak is originating from clogged microfilter drain hole on passenger side.....

Read ENTIRE thread below;

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ght=water+leak

Especially from Post #15.

Rookie2008
06-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I had that problem it ended up being my sun roof wasn't closing properly.

hyperbeamer
06-16-2012, 01:32 AM
I had the same issue where water will pool on the floor rest of the left passenger seat. Sent the car in to an authorised workshop, and they fixed it. Said it was some leaves clogging up some drainage system and told me to stop parking under trees and clear the dead leaves and twigs. Cost me about 150 USD to fix it.

BostonCEO
07-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the input guys.I honestly have been super frustrated trying to find a solution.I've brought it to 2 shops who both said they cleared the drain.Yet still getting flooding.About to read into the above link to see if i find anything.

mikewerks
07-03-2012, 05:34 PM
What about the sunroof drains?? Check the flow there as well.