PDA

View Full Version : For European Travel Fanatics

Gluhwein
06-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I Stumbled-upon this nifty little website the other day. Had to see what Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson's estate looked like:

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/jeremy-clarksons-house/view/?service=0

You can then click on the co-ordinates to see it in Google Earth where you can do the street view and see just how rural his place is. Chipping Norton is a very curious place.

Also used the same site to check out George Harrison's castle and the scene of "All Thing's Must Pass"'s album art.

(Yes, It's raining and I am very bored.)

mwagner1
06-09-2012, 10:05 PM
I Stumbled-upon this nifty little website the other day. Had to see what Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson's estate looked like:

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/jeremy-clarksons-house/view/?service=0

You can then click on the co-ordinates to see it in Google Earth where you can do the street view and see just how rural his place is. Chipping Norton is a very curious place.

Also used the same site to check out George Harrison's castle and the scene of "All Thing's Must Pass"'s album art.

(Yes, It's raining and I am very bored.)

Hey....I will trade you the rain for the heat, humidity and still severe drought here in south central Texas....anyway, his pad looks to be pretty nifty.....

Cheers,

Gluhwein
06-10-2012, 06:26 AM
I didn't realize you guys were still experiencing that drought. Holy crap! That's how many years now? I guess we've been getting all your rain for the last two plus years. There isn't a week goes by that we don't get at least some rain or snow. Strange that the newspapers haven't been talking much about your situation. I guess they consider you Texans political pariahs.

Andrew*Debbie
06-12-2012, 03:24 AM
FWIW we may have the same landlord as William and Kate. They are renting a fairly modest cottage (750/month) on the Bodorgan Estate in rural Anglesey.

We have an appointment to view two Estate properties on Thursday. We had to fill out and mail in a two page application just to get a viewing.

3ismagic#
06-13-2012, 05:26 PM
The draught is gods punishment for Rick Perry

mwagner1
06-19-2012, 09:03 AM
I didn't realize you guys were still experiencing that drought. Holy crap! That's how many years now? I guess we've been getting all your rain for the last two plus years. There isn't a week goes by that we don't get at least some rain or snow. Strange that the newspapers haven't been talking much about your situation. I guess they consider you Texans political pariahs.

Well, we did get some decent winter rains but those sweet rains went by by as soon as the jet stream moved north....so far, we have not been as hot by this point as we were last summer....but the 100+ days are not far away now..

Yes, the drought is still bad and the two lakes for central Texas' water are both around 40% capacity...very bad as we will now need a tropical storm to hit just right to fill the lakes...some potential maybe-good news....the La Nina is supposedly weakening and a new El Nino is supposed to be developing so hopefully we can get some serious rain in the fall if the low pressure (Pacific storms) will stay low enough....

If no tropical storm hits and even if a new El Nino develops (but has a too far northerly track across the US, then central Texas is screwed) I will NOT want to live here anymore...:bawling:

Cheers,

FastMarkA
06-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Damn, I wish I could get me one of those for just beating on exotic cars and telling jokes... :)