PDA

View Full Version : Good product to shine lips rims?

albertoxikitin
06-10-2012, 01:45 AM
Hi. Thats the question....Im looking for some product to keep my rims lips shining...Any brand?...Thanks.

Pdux72
06-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Well to also keep break dust off if thats an issue. You could switch break pads to Akebono ceramics which emit almost no dust. Keeps wheels clean. Many members do this right off the git go to avoid cleaning wheels....

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App

albertoxikitin
06-10-2012, 12:12 PM
where can i buy akebono pads for a 645?...

csmeance
06-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi. Thats the question....Im looking for some product to keep my rims lips shining...Any brand?...Thanks.

Make sure your wheels are clean first, and then apply any sort of Sealant (NOT WAX), the sealants hold up better to the high temps due to the brakes and will help keep them shining longer.

As far as brake dust, you can stop it by switching out the brake pads to the Akebono Euro Pads which give off almost 0 dust. You can buy them from a variety of places like FCPGroton, FCP Euro or Amazon.com.

QuarterTilEight
06-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Mequiars gold class chrome cleaner. Then lightly wax them

Pdux72
06-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Make sure your wheels are clean first, and then apply any sort of Sealant (NOT WAX), the sealants hold up better to the high temps due to the brakes and will help keep them shining longer.

As far as brake dust, you can stop it by switching out the brake pads to the Akebono Euro Pads which give off almost 0 dust. You can buy them from a variety of places like FCPGroton, FCP Euro or Amazon.com.

Ya what he said...

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App

Busurfer
06-10-2012, 09:39 PM
+1 for Akebonos, I don't even bother dusting my rims now and I used to clean them every other day.