PDA

View Full Version : USB Player Suddenly Switches to FM Radio

MisterFrechette
06-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Whenever I try to listen to MP3 tracks on a USB drive, the player will randomly cut out and switch to FM radio. Any ideas as to the cause and remedy to this?

The car is a 2009 535xi. I've tried re-formatting the USB drive and re-copying the tracks to it with no success. The drive is a cheap giveaway key chain type. I'm going to try a higher quality SanDisk drive next to see if that helps.

rebel.ranter
06-11-2012, 12:48 PM
This happens on ,y car when I have TP enabled on one of the Radio stations. This was intended for traffic announcements, not entirely sure this in the exact cause but it's the only thing I can think of.

MisterFrechette
06-11-2012, 12:58 PM
This happens on ,y car when I have TP enabled on one of the Radio stations. This was intended for traffic announcements, not entirely sure this in the exact cause but it's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks for the reply. Forgive me, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "TP".

2chill
06-12-2012, 12:34 AM
I use a 4 GB HP USB stick. Never a problem....

MisterFrechette
07-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Problem seems to have been resolved by changing out the USB drive. For what it's worth, the offending drive was a cheapo giveaway type. The new one is a Sandisk 16 GB Cruzer.