PDA

View Full Version : dvd changer error, help needed.

capital10
06-12-2012, 10:36 AM
I started having a "drive error" on my dvd changer this morning, it was working fine until i changed it from dvd1 to dvd2, the player wont eject the magazine and the player wont allow it to change from disc 1 to disc 2, like its locked up. Now the DVD option is grayed out.

Has anyone ever experienced this and had a fix or know of a way to reset it and make the magazine eject.

Thanks,
Scott

PAPER
06-12-2012, 11:12 AM
If I recall , I remember reading someplace that you
disconnect the battery terminals For a few minutes , & it will kick the dvd player back on.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

capital10
06-12-2012, 03:30 PM
it worked when i got back to the car after work, so hopefully its all ok, we will see.

Mr_Burger
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM
I've had some issues with both the CDC and DVD changers in the past, especially with lack of use..

It's always a good idea to load up each disc/dvd and eject them from time to time to ensure the cartridge mechanism remains lubricated...

The laser (and its associated parts) are always used to index whatever disc/dvd is loaded so that's not a concern, but if you're one of those people that loads up discs and leaves them in situ for months, then the risk of mechanical issues can arise..

Ironically, those people with battery issues which cause the CDC/DVD to index all the discs each time the car is 'woken' are actually reducing their fail rate :D