PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW 530I Front Passenger Window

alirzn
06-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi,
I have a 2004 bmw 530I and the front passenger window does not work. I also tried the switch in driver side but it does not work too. Which part do think has problem? and how can I fix it?

2chill
06-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Could be one of several problems like the motor, the regulator or a relay. You can remove the door panel and try to run a jumper wire directly to the motor to see if the window does anything or you need to have a dealer or a good electrical indy check it. Nobody on this board will be able to tell you exactly what it is....
Edit: You can also check your fuses but I don't believe the windows have individual fuses.

alirzn
06-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Do you think that I can open the panel since it has the Air bag?

Could be one of several problems like the motor, the regulator or a relay. You can remove the door panel and try to run a jumper wire directly to the motor to see if the window does anything or you need to have a dealer or a good electrical indy check it. Nobody on this board will be able to tell you exactly what it is....
Edit: You can also check your fuses but I don't believe the windows have individual fuses.

dwlink
06-13-2012, 07:29 AM
You'll need to disconnect the battery first or else you'll get a historical SRS fault (which only a dealer can clear out) if you disconnect the airbag.

alirzn
07-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I just figured it out that the problem is because of the switch. Do you know how I can replace that? And should I open the door panel or I can just change the switch? Any DIY?