PDA

View Full Version : HID Lights and Angel Eyes on 2008 528xi (LCI)

heisleyamor
06-13-2012, 04:41 AM
My 2008 528xi (LCI - E60) uses halogen bulbs. I really would like to get some HIDs and Angel Eyes. Are there LED angel eyes that are compatible with halogen? I have searched the topic and have not come across anything yet. I really love the headlights on the newer 5 series that have the bright HIDs and LED angel eyes. I could do a retrofit, but is this smart? Any opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

imagine
06-13-2012, 06:36 AM
You can get LED angel eyes but it's not a straight forward plug and play. John@motorcepts can retrofit the mounting base for you to obtain LED angel eyes. He can also sell you plug and play H7 HID kit for your car. It's the same kit I have on my car. The HID kit will require some modifications because the return wire has to face down but unmodified it sits up and casts a shadow in your beam pattern. Easy fix as all you will need to do is notch the base of the bulbs so it'll let you mount the bulbs with the return wire facing down.

I suggest you try out the head lights and project the lights off the wall with the headlights off of the car before you mount them back on the car to see how you like the beam pattern. I had to remove my lights a few times to adjust the focal point (used silicon).

daniel4x3
06-13-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm in the same situation with my 2008 528xi LCI-Halogen and my research has told me that most if not all commercially available angel eyes are made for LCI-Xenon.
The only way to get LED angel eyes is to cut the bulb and install LEDs such as mtec v3's on them.

I am currently in the process of having mine done by John@motorcepts and getting them shipped after reading tons of success stories with him. Should be here something late this week or next week! I'll be posting once I get it all installed and working with pics.

Cheers

edit: +1 to what imagine said!

E92-Lighting
02-05-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm in the same situation with my 2008 528xi LCI-Halogen and my research has told me that most if not all commercially available angel eyes are made for LCI-Xenon.
The only way to get LED angel eyes is to cut the bulb and install LEDs such as mtec v3's on them.

I am currently in the process of having mine done by John@motorcepts and getting them shipped after reading tons of success stories with him. Should be here something late this week or next week! I'll be posting once I get it all installed and working with pics.

Cheers

edit: +1 to what imagine said!

we have the fully plug and play E60 LCI halogen angel eyes already in stock