PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody. Problem with the navigation on my bmw 545

elbuzina
06-13-2012, 09:21 PM
I went to the another country for a month, and left my car at home. When i came back everything was working fine, but on the next morning I woke up and my navigation stopped working, after the BMW sign comes up its immediately turns OFF. and then turns on and off again. I went to the dealer. first they sad its a recall, but then they sad that I have to replace the hall navigation and the price is 1600$. I really don't want to pay that money. Is there any chance I can restart the system? Please HELP!!!

Campfamily
06-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Assuming that your car sat without being driven for a month while you were out of the country, I'd suggest making sure your battery is completely charged before you change any electronics out. A weak battery can result in all kinds of bizarre electrical behavior. If your battery is more than about three or four years old, consider changing it now. And, no, just because your car started does NOT mean your battery has a full charge.

elbuzina
06-14-2012, 08:41 AM
You sure that the problem mid be in the battery? because CD player doesn't work eater!

elbuzina
06-14-2012, 09:03 AM
and I guess Im gonna have to reinstall the hall thing after I will change the battery? I mean reprogram the Idrive.

Jaycal3
06-14-2012, 10:34 AM
As stated, battery issues often result in a ton of electrical issues/gremlins. Its a good starting point, although you are saying the dealership told you it was a recall and then a replacement? You need to get details for us if you want more help... I am not sure I understand how they can go from one to the other so quickly. Did they even test the battery?

Reprogram the idrive??? For a battery???

elbuzina
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure if they checked the battery, but i was waiting for my car for about 2 hours! when I just came in, the guy sad that they had bunch of 545s with that problem and thats a recall. Then after 2 hours of checking he sad that i have to change the hall navigation and it is not a recall! When I start the car, the BMW sigh comes up and you can hear that cd player trying to read a cd. After the BMW sign it turns off and the on, and then off again and keep doing like that while the car is On! I dont know what to do! I will try to change the battery, if not then ill just buy the screen online, its way chipper than replacing it in dealership! Plus it's easy to change it! Nothing works expt the little screen at the front of the driver! No music too((