PDA

View Full Version : New owners

Bk187timba
06-14-2012, 06:09 AM
You just purchased the biggest mistake of your life.

csmeance
06-14-2012, 07:25 AM
correction; you just purchased a car that no one would seriously want to own unless they were handy with tools or have a warranty to cover the thousands of dollars in repairs needed to keep them going.

Rookie2008
06-14-2012, 07:28 AM

:yikes::rofl:

Rookie2008
06-14-2012, 07:28 AM
correction; you just purchased a car that no one would seriously want to own unless they were handy with tools or have a warranty to cover the thousands of dollars in repairs needed to keep them going.

+1

roadfrog
06-14-2012, 07:38 AM

And it would STILL be the biggest mistake of your life. Especially when you depend on it to get you from point A to point B reliably, or the warranty fine print screws you like it usually does.

I could care less about a shiny new HD flat screen TV that comes with a warranty, if I miss the Superbowl because it's on the fritz.......AGAIN.

Rookie2008
06-14-2012, 07:40 AM

And it would STILL be the biggest mistake of your life. Especially when you depend on it to get you from point A to point B reliably, or the warranty fine print screws you like it usually does.

I could care less about a shiny new HD flat screen TV that comes with a warranty, if I miss the Superbowl because it's on the fritz.......AGAIN.

(And it would STILL be the biggest mistake of your life.)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1bad540
06-14-2012, 08:01 AM
says the guy that just picked up a 100k + miles 02 745.

Bk187timba
06-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Ya so what someone still spent 90k on the hump of **** .... says the guy that paid twice as much for the same problems

Bk187timba
06-14-2012, 08:23 AM
I havnt had my 7 for 2 months now and it feels good. My Lexus is good to go to 200k with just a tranny flush and oil changes. The only thing special about the 7 is when you turn it stays flat. Real comftable, I wish I could swap a ls1 in it and call it a day.

king0fspades
06-14-2012, 08:28 AM
This is an 'issues related' forum. The only thing you are going to see is issues.
Come on guys, these cars are close to 100K new, folks try to get these for $20k and expect them to last another 10 years. Not gonna happen.

WALKDBEAST
06-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Yep...and we all have something in common:D

1bad540
06-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Mine is great.

Db750
06-14-2012, 09:07 AM

You are thinking in your terms; the mindset of Mr. Toyota. Allow me to enlighten you on the perception of the "typical BMW owner".

A BMW is a frivolous purchase. Everyone knows they are overpriced and the maintenance costs are sky high. This lends itself to a measure of exclusivity. People like yourself know that the unpredictable nature of a BMW and the outrageous maintenance won't fit your lifestyle. This is not to say you don't lust after a BMW; you just make the smarter purchase based on your needs.

Enter myself, Mr. BMW; mid-twenties, very very good looking, trophy grade fiancÚ, man servant, no plans for children, self employed. For me the BMW is the perfect fit. Not only does it fulfill my need for a top tier luxury vehicle, it also gives me that "on the road presence" that the likes of a Toyota or Lexus can not.

I couldn't give a damn how many times my car goes in for service. What difference does it make? I have a slew of other vehicles at my disposal, a man servant to deliver my vehicle to and from the dealership, and of course the goodness of BMWs 4/50,000 warranty. A few weeks back my M6 went in for an SMG pump replacement. Total cost; $180 for gas to and from the dealership and a handful of old peanuts I threw out into the yard as a reward to my man servant for bringing my car back in perfect condition.

Bottom line: BMW ownership isn't about maintenance costs. If you wanna talk maintenance head over to your Toyota forum and brag amongst the other soccer moms and AARP card holders about how you have driven for 80000000 miles and all you needed was two tanks of gas and an oil change. BMW ownership is about status and exclusivity; that on the road ego stroke we get from the envious stares. I know I made the right decision when I pull up to dinner and the valet moves your LS into the main lot so that my BMW may sit out front.

I would like to respond to your other posts, but unfortunately I am unable to decipher your broken English. When my man servant gets done shining the V10 badge on my engine I will have him translate for me.

Rookie2008
06-14-2012, 09:10 AM
You are thinking in your terms; the mindset of Mr. Toyota. Allow me to enlighten you on the perception of the "typical BMW owner".

A BMW is a frivolous purchase. Everyone knows they are overpriced and the maintenance costs are sky high. This lends itself to a measure of exclusivity. People like yourself know that the unpredictable nature of a BMW and the outrageous maintenance won't fit your lifestyle. This is not to say you don't lust after a BMW; you just make the smarter purchase based on your needs.

Enter myself, Mr. BMW; mid-twenties, very very good looking, trophy grade fiancÚ, man servant, no plans for children, self employed. For me the BMW is the perfect fit. Not only does it fulfill my need for a top tier luxury vehicle, it also gives me that "on the road presence" that the likes of a Toyota or Lexus can not.

I could give a damn how many times my car goes in for service. What difference does it make? I have a slew of other vehicles at my disposal, a man servant to deliver my vehicle to and from the dealership, and of course the goodness of BMWs 4/50,000 warranty. A few weeks back my M6 went in for an SMG pump replacement. Total cost; $180 for gas to and from the dealership and a handful of old peanuts I threw out into the yard as a reward to my man servant for bringing my car back in perfect condition.

Bottom line: BMW ownership isn't about maintenance costs. If you wanna talk maintenance head over to your Toyota forum and brag amongst the other soccer moms and AARP card holders about how you have driven for 80000000 miles and all you needed was two tanks of gas and an oil change. BMW ownership is about status and exclusivity; that on the road ego stroke we get from the envious stares. I know I made the right decision when I pull up to dinner and the valet moves your LS into the main lot so that my BMW may sit out front.

I would like to respond to your other posts, but unfortunately I am unable to decipher your broken English. When my man servant gets done shining the V10 badge on my engine I will have him translate for me.

:thumbup::rofl:

Bk187timba
06-14-2012, 09:19 AM
I know all about BMW mantiance I have owned my fair share, but the 745 is above and beyond it smears the BMW name cause not all BMW are this painful it own. This was just a hunk of **** then the 750 was soupped up hunk of ****. The coolant pipe are you kidding me!!! That was just a big F U to the owners of all models of the n62 really the hate of this car is misplaced, it the n62 motor that is the hunk

Bk187timba
06-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Buy some Pamp suisses and drive a Lexus. That's my plan. Every year I'll buy a couple of them you spend it on your repairs or deprecation value of a brand new warranty car. With your man servant that will drops pubs in your coffee when he reads this post

Mr. White
06-14-2012, 09:27 AM
I think if you have a 2003 or 04 bmw 745 or 750 you shouldn't be allowed to comment at all. Its 2012. Nothing is meant to last forever. Its just a car. Get another one when it gets old. Smh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Bimmer App

Rookie2008
06-14-2012, 09:34 AM
What about me I cant afford a new car right now:bawling:

Bk187timba
06-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Well my 1995 540i/6 motor is perfect with a 125k on it is perfect. It obvious that BMW missed on the e65, it's only fair to let people looking at these cars know how Fcuked these cars are and steer away. My e36 s52 with 160k on it was ****. My e46 s54 with 75k on it was a piece ticking time bomb, not to mention the SMG transmission fail. I wonder how reliable the new BMW are.......

sirstopher
06-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Priceless post again DB750, you again have made my day. Perfect post.