PDA

View Full Version : 2008 535 Angel Eye LED Upgrade?

wineohs
06-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi All,

Has anybody done the below MOD from Burger Tuning? If so, any comments or pics would be great. Have the JB4 and love it. Thanks in advance:thumbup:

New for 2012. The BMS 4 LED H8 angel eyes upgrade kit. 360 of powerful 10W LED lighting makes our LEDs comparable to some of the $300.00 setups on the market. Please take advantage of our introductory price of $129.00 per pair. One pair lights all 4 rings. Installation is as simple as opening a cover on the top or back of the headlight under the hood and switching out the H8 bulb with the LED unit. Plug and Play with no error codes. The 4 LED are only for angel eyes that are factory lit by an H8 35W bulb.

teej09
06-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Looking to do the same mod this summer, any info would be helpful. Sometimes the results on those sites seem completely different from one picture to another or even doctored. Don't wanna to buy an installation that has a barely noticeable difference from the OEM. Thanks

redhotdave
06-15-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm confused by the lighting upgrades, would this just to change the yellowish to the white, or does it actually improve visibility?

booyaazaa
06-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Looking to do the same mod this summer, any info would be helpful. Sometimes the results on those sites seem completely different from one picture to another or even doctored. Don't wanna to buy an installation that has a barely noticeable difference from the OEM. Thanks

The only real way to get a brighter AE then oem is to change to a hid kit. If the bms 10w led ae is like the lux v3 then it will look nice even during the day. However IMO they are still not as bright as oem. If the bms ones look as good as the lux, get them since they are $100 less. About the pictures I don't think they are doctored but if notice many of them are taken at nite or in the shade which makes most led bulbs look nice. If you have your drl's turned on its a different story. Here's a couple pics of the lux.

teej09
06-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Dave - Changes them from the standard yellowish to a bright white. I think thats the reason most people change, I'm doing it for aesthetics, not visibility.

Booyaa - thanks for the input. Definitely like the look of yours, especially with the alpine white. Still think I might go with BMS due to the price difference and general positive reviews. Also I noticed you blacked out your kidney grill, did you do this yourself or buy it from an outside supplier?

There's been a couple other threads about this with BMS usually coming out on top and umnitza usually being the other low cost option, although there have been numerous comments about the customer service of the latter. I think I might pay the little extra to know that if things don't work out it won't be a total hassle to return them.

umnitza
06-15-2012, 12:34 PM
the BMS upgrade is the same as our ICE LITE H8 kit, we simply sell it for less and give it a different name.

For the maximum output without the bad downsides of HID, get the Orion V2 if you are willing to open your lights.

wineohs
06-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Will yours trigger error codes? Do you guarantee they wont?

wineohs
06-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Also on your website, for the ice lite it says they are 6000k, while Burger's is 7000k?

ModBargains III
06-15-2012, 01:38 PM
If you're looking at an angel eye upgrade, look no further, we've got what you need. Installation is very straight forward, and the end result is amazing... Here's the results we received with our newest kit:

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Products/City%20Vision%20Lighting/LED_Angel_Eyes9.jpg (http://www.modbargains.com/LED-Angel-Eye-Bulbs-E90-E92-E82-E89.htm)
LED 6 Watt Angel Eye Bulbs by City Vision Lighting (http://www.modbargains.com/LED-Angel-Eye-Bulbs-E90-E92-E82-E89.htm)

Angel eye LED's are 6000k, and are currently in stock! Don't hesitate to PM/Email or call me direct at 714.582.3330 if you have any questions!

wineohs
06-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Hmm..... Why is outer ring not all the way around?

umnitza
06-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Will yours trigger error codes? Do you guarantee they wont?
yes, they do not trigger any codes at all.

Also on your website, for the ice lite it says they are 6000k, while Burger's is 7000k?
Typo? We buy from the exact same source. Don't know why they say 7000K when our same source says 6000K.

Hmm..... Why is outer ring not all the way around?

that's how E92 headlights are designed, seems that you were shown a picture of a totally different car :dunno:

here's how it would look on yours:
http://www.umnitza.com/bmz_cache/3/32ed18f9ead47cc8dae7fd80b2b6c5a8.image.656x550.jpg

wineohs
06-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Before I purchase, please comment on the below. A couple of different issue after installation?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627301

booyaazaa
06-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Dave - Changes them from the standard yellowish to a bright white. I think thats the reason most people change, I'm doing it for aesthetics, not visibility.

Booyaa - thanks for the input. Definitely like the look of yours, especially with the alpine white. Still think I might go with BMS due to the price difference and general positive reviews. Also I noticed you blacked out your kidney grill, did you do this yourself or buy it from an outside supplier?

There's been a couple other threads about this with BMS usually coming out on top and umnitza usually being the other low cost option, although there have been numerous comments about the customer service of the latter. I think I might pay the little extra to know that if things don't work out it won't be a total hassle to return them.

I purchased the matte kidney grills and they are very easy to swap out. I know that Umnitza and Trinity Autosport carry the matte kidney grills.

rijc99
06-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Before I purchase, please comment on the below. A couple of different issue after installation?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627301

Bump for answer.