PDA

View Full Version : Crack head or another BMW owner?

Space grau 550i
06-14-2012, 09:26 PM
So i took my car to the hand car wash today, and as they were drying it off, I noticed my center cap was missing. Needless to say, I was a bit shocked as I thought these things only come out when the wheel is off. My car is parked in a gated yard in the night, so my assumption is the bastard probably did it at my fitness center parking lot.

Looking at my other four rims they have pry marks around the center caps, so they attempted the rest, but maybe someone was coming and they left. I'm just wondering if this was a crack head, or maybe another BMW owner...

ProRail
06-14-2012, 09:31 PM
So i took my car to the hand car wash today, and as they were drying it off, I noticed my center cap was missing. Needless to say, I was a bit shocked as I thought these things only come out when the wheel is off. My car is parked in a gated yard in the night, so my assumption is the bastard probably did it at my fitness center parking lot.

Looking at my other four rims they have pry marks around the center caps, so they attempted the rest, but maybe someone was coming and they left. I'm just wondering if this was a crack head, or maybe another BMW owner...

Tough choice.

pcy
06-15-2012, 08:03 AM
I understand your frustration/pain...

you may see your missing center cap on craigslist or e-bay...

Space grau 550i
06-15-2012, 08:46 AM
No frustration and pain on my part, it's a only few bucks to replace... It's just people will steal the most simple of things these days.

t0byd0g1
06-15-2012, 08:53 AM
On a good note, your car still looks pretty freakin sweet!

Space grau 550i
06-15-2012, 09:46 AM
^ Thanks. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to my cars, so I replaced it the same day for 10 bucks.

It's probably cheaper online, but I could not stand the way the rear wheel looked with the gaping hole and all...

SoLucky
06-15-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm just wondering if this was a crack head, or maybe another BMW owner...

I'm thinking it is a BMW owning crack head...

BTW, your wheels look great even without center caps.

Space grau 550i
06-15-2012, 12:47 PM
^I think you're probably right.

jim165
06-15-2012, 05:47 PM
If it was a crackhead, your car would be blocks....
Very nice car, if I do say myself! You picked the best color!

Space grau 550i
06-15-2012, 10:44 PM
You picked the best color!

Right back atcha:thumbup:

Oceans10
06-16-2012, 06:39 AM
I wanted the space gray too but ended up with a sapphire black sedan and a deep sea blue wagon. Options and used price were more important, but I do think the space gray is a winner. It changes color like a chameleon in the light. Late in the day it starts to look light blue.

BMW does a pretty good job with paint colors except for the diarrhea brown M5 I have seen a few of. I always wondered if they would be super cheap on the used market since one would assume few people would want to ride around in a toilet.

jim165
06-16-2012, 08:44 AM
I wanted the space gray too but ended up with a sapphire black sedan and a deep sea blue wagon. Options and used price were more important, but I do think the space gray is a winner. It changes color like a chameleon in the light. Late in the day it starts to look light blue.

BMW does a pretty good job with paint colors except for the diarrhea brown M5 I have seen a few of. I always wondered if they would be super cheap on
the used market since one would assume few people would want to ride around in a toilet.

I LOLed at this...
At least you managed to get one with ventillated seats and HUD....I couldn't find one with those options to dave my life...
OP, how much were the center caps, for future reference?

Space grau 550i
06-16-2012, 09:24 AM
^$10 for one at a tire and rim shop in my area. You can find the set for cheaper on amazon as well as some of the vendor sites.

borderchris
06-16-2012, 10:07 AM
I think this guy may be our culprit...

http://px6.streetfire.net/0002/75/62/2015726_600.jpg

Oceans10
06-16-2012, 10:44 AM
I LOLed at this...
At least you managed to get one with ventillated seats and HUD....I couldn't find one with those options to dave my life...
OP, how much were the center caps, for future reference?

LOL, my sedan came from Orlando area, so I lucked out with both HUD and fans in seats. Very rare features, but I enjoy both. Especially the seats in the summer time, they have 3 levels of intensity and even on lowest setting they keep your thighs and back from getting sticky.
It also has lane change warning which I NEVER use. Complete waste as I don't take naps while I drive!

Space grau 550i
06-16-2012, 05:05 PM
I think this guy may be our culprit...

http://px6.streetfire.net/0002/75/62/2015726_600.jpg

e46 and civic fused. : puke: