PDA

View Full Version : Ice Lite Angel Eye's Radio Interference help

gixman
06-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I installed the ICE lite LED's and they look great. Only problem is they screwed up my FM reception! My HD radio won't even kick in if the DRL's are on.

Does anyone else have this problem and hopefully a solution.

l1tech
06-16-2012, 06:07 AM
I don't have that issue with mine but mine will disable the entire TPMS on the car. I have to find the time to send them in for an exchange.

HPIA4v2
06-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Sounds like interference, from the harmonic freq of the DC-to-DC power supply that comes with many of these LED lamps.
TPMS communicate to main module @433MHz, FM radio from 88-108MHz; DC-to-DC usually operate @400KHz and it's harmonics energy usually rather weak. Maybe you can try putting that DC-to-DC innto a aluminum can/box to keep interference to minimal (ala Faraday cage).

BTW, if you put the old bulbs back I assume the problem disappear right?

gixman
06-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the info. I just sent them back thinking my set may be defective. I figured why waste time messing around with them if they are supposed to be interference free.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

l1tech
06-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Sounds like interference, from the harmonic freq of the DC-to-DC power supply that comes with many of these LED lamps.
TPMS communicate to main module @433MHz, FM radio from 88-108MHz; DC-to-DC usually operate @400KHz and it's harmonics energy usually rather weak. Maybe you can try putting that DC-to-DC innto a aluminum can/box to keep interference to minimal (ala Faraday cage).

BTW, if you put the old bulbs back I assume the problem disappear right?

Yes, when I install the original bulbs the problem completely disappears.