PDA

View Full Version : ODB wont read, fuse?!

Emeer18
06-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Im trying to get the check engine light read on my 7. I know its an emissions fault but i've tried two ODB readers and went to a few autozones. Nobody can connect! Is there a fuse for the ODB scanner to work on these cars, if so what number?

DFEL750I
06-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Im trying to get the check engine light read on my 7. I know its an emissions fault but i've tried two ODB readers and went to a few autozones. Nobody can connect! Is there a fuse for the ODB scanner to work on these cars, if so what number?

I don't think there is a fuse. The ODB is directly connected to the ZGM(central gateway) in the car which basically connects all the communication systems in your car. If the car is running then the ZGM is not entirely bad but it could be having issues. You're saying that there is abosutley no communication at all? Do you know someone with INPA that can try for you?

I believe the ZGM module is somewhere in the passenger footwell but I have not had to troubleshoot or replace mine so I can't tell you exactly where it is.

stuartjohn24
06-17-2012, 11:07 AM
The fuse is F29 (7.5A) behind the dash, it could be that the scanners are not seeing the supply on the OBD socket and refusing to connect.

Stuart

Emeer18
06-17-2012, 04:41 PM
The fuse is F29 (7.5A) behind the dash, it could be that the scanners are not seeing the supply on the OBD socket and refusing to connect.

Stuart

The fuse was blown in the dash. Thanks for the help. I've decided to keep it regardless of the problems its faving. Next step is the bimmerpipe.