PDA

View Full Version : EDC Suspension

D4T_POM
06-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Today i lifted my 7er at my mates garage to check my control arms and rear bushes.

I was also checking my suspension components to make sure all was well when i saw the below poking out through one of the boots of the front suspension, so i took it out.

Any idea what it is and what its for?

Also was thinking of changing my front suspension coils to eibach ones from the ones projekt kahn fitted on, by the way my EDC work fine.

Anywhoo what is this.....

Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my HTC using my Thumb and Bimmer App

wilk187
06-17-2012, 07:30 PM
kinda hard to tell, but i think its a bump stop for one of your shocks/struts

D4T_POM
06-17-2012, 07:32 PM
What does it do?

Is this something major that needs attending too?

I was going to change components on the suspension i.e the plates, boots sleeve, bolts and all other uneccesary parts when i change the coils.

The ramp was free so thought why not and now im like :o

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Bimmer App

Seven11
06-17-2012, 08:39 PM
i am pretty sure thats a bump stop

goes on top of the shock

i dont think u would notice/feel one being missing but i am also pretty sure that without it, suspension damage can occur. wont happen right away. but i would get that fixed asap

sanhonda22
06-18-2012, 12:16 PM
That is the bump stop. I prevents the strut from bottoming out. You should have it replaced asap.

D4T_POM
06-18-2012, 12:37 PM
That is the bump stop. I prevents the strut from bottoming out. You should have it replaced asap.

What do you mean by 'bottoming out'?

:(

Sent from my HTC using my Thumb and Bimmer App

Djscorpio67
06-18-2012, 01:47 PM
without it in place, the strut can compress fully(not good for the strut). This simple rubber stop saves your strut from "bottoming out" causing damage to the strut.