PDA

View Full Version : What should I do next

wthreez
06-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Car just hit 90k and I just did rear brakes oil change and fixed oil leak coming from oil level senor. I have new tranny fluid and tranny pan with filter to do trans service but before I do the tranny service I wanna know what y'all recommend first. Under low throttle the car is not very responsive so I was seeing if y'all recommended a fuel filter first or spark plugs. Thanks

dgoodsell
06-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Car just hit 90k and I just did rear brakes oil change and fixed oil leak coming from oil level senor. I have new tranny fluid and tranny pan with filter to do trans service but before I do the tranny service I wanna know what y'all recommend first. Under low throttle the car is not very responsive so I was seeing if y'all recommended a fuel filter first or spark plugs. Thanks

I would both fuel filter and spark plugs plus differential fluid, power steering fluid, flush the coolant, check belts and hoses, and do the transmission fluid.

You may also want to check the water pump, O2 sensors and the charcoal canister. These should all be checked around 100K and replaced if needed. If you are already doing the work you might as well check these too.

wthreez
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Sounds good. Thanks man. I'll check those other things and I'll go ahead and change out both. I'm sure this is going to make a big difference in gas mileage and performance.