PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on BMW Splash Screen

ejd
06-18-2012, 07:10 PM
I am stuck on the BMW splash screen. I tried the eject mute button reboot and it shuts off and back on to the constant BMW splash.

This happen after a battery replacement.

Any Ideas?

pcy
06-19-2012, 08:31 AM
What is the battery voltage at the terminals? Fully charged battery should read 12.6V.
I'd recommend you to trickle charge the battery.

redhotdave
06-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Did you have your battery registered / programmed by the dealer or an indy? I'm no expert but sounds like that might be the issue if you replaced the battery yourself.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624683&highlight=battery

ejd
06-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I plan to have it registered but I really doubt this would prevent the computer from finsihing its boot. Perhaps security, unfortunately my only avenue right now is to bring it to the dealer where they will offer me a free cup of joe. The new battery has the exact specifications and it reads 12.7 volts.

ejd
06-19-2012, 06:36 PM
I have researched for hours and noticed that most Computer problems experience the splash screen to recylce on and off. My splash just stays on unless I reboot.

Is there a troubleshooting process, for example if I take the car to an autoparts store can they read potential error codes? Is there a particular sign that would indicate that the CCC is dead? What about a fuse?

sleepless in boston!