PDA

View Full Version : Another wheel shake thread .Please help

iceman5
06-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey guys,

Heres my dilemma: Had some wheel shake a few months back, and have run out of options as to what it can be.

The shake can be felt through the drivers seat, and floor. Feels like an out of balanced wheel. Feels like its coming directly from the front driver side wheel. Now its happening at speeds of 65 and up.

I have swapped the wheels from left to right and had no change whatsoever, so that ruled out the tires. Plus they are nearly new Michellins.

Have changed the control arm as the bushing had a crack.

Also noticed a noise coming from the front drivers tire which sounded like the wheel bearing. Changed that with BMW parts, not aftermarket. That was a few days ago.

As soon as I changed it I felt the wheel shake even more.

Tires have been road balanced many times and are straight. Alignment done as well, car doesnt pull at all.

Can someone explain to me how its possible that after changing the bearing w/ hub that the shake got worse.

Really annoying as Ive wasted a ton of time and $ trying to get this fixed and still nothing. Feel like I want to just torch the car at this point.

Sorry for the long post, ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
PS Ive searched and read everything shake related and seems like Ive replaced most common things anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Rookie2008
06-18-2012, 07:02 PM
How is your suspension?

First_745Li
06-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Hey guys,

Heres my dilemma: Had some wheel shake a few months back, and have run out of options as to what it can be.

The shake can be felt through the drivers seat, and floor. Feels like an out of balanced wheel. Feels like its coming directly from the front driver side wheel. Now its happening at speeds of 65 and up.

I have swapped the wheels from left to right and had no change whatsoever, so that ruled out the tires. Plus they are nearly new Michellins.

Have changed the control arm as the bushing had a crack.

Also noticed a noise coming from the front drivers tire which sounded like the wheel bearing. Changed that with BMW parts, not aftermarket. That was a few days ago.

As soon as I changed it I felt the wheel shake even more.

Tires have been road balanced many times and are straight. Alignment done as well, car doesnt pull at all.

Can someone explain to me how its possible that after changing the bearing w/ hub that the shake got worse.

Really annoying as Ive wasted a ton of time and $ trying to get this fixed and still nothing. Feel like I want to just torch the car at this point.

Sorry for the long post, ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
PS Ive searched and read everything shake related and seems like Ive replaced most common things anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Iceman,
I have that similar issue, car would shake in the seats, not the steering wheel, this was after I put the 22"s on, road force balanced several times, wheel alignment.. still the same. So they said one of the front wheels were bad, changed it... then I had it for a week, same deal.. so they ordered a wheel for the back after going there 4 times.. before they replaced the rim they took the rear wheel off and looked at it as they rolled it on the garage floor. Guess what, the b**tch looked like it was uneven, almost hopping..

Looking at the tires closely the inner section of the tire was lower than the outer section... a defective tire... so now I have a tire on order.. Thursday I have to go back (5th time).
Hopefully that's it. So maybe you should take the wheel off and roll it and examine it closely. Just a thought.. I'm no expert especially when it comes to BMW's.

***CCCP***
06-18-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree with rookie check ur suspension. At this point it can be caused by anything related to tires wheels bushings. Sorry to hear bout ur problems man but look at it from different point those are the parts that will go bad sooner or later so money well spent. There is one thing u can check pop ur hood then pop 2 black caps that cover the top of the shocks left and right and see if that bushing inside isnt cracked. Sorry for the ****ty explanation hope u know what i mean.

First_745Li
06-18-2012, 07:29 PM
I guess it wouldn't hurt to do the same..

***CCCP***
06-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Here is that cap im talking about

iceman5
06-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Suspension is super tight no rattles of any kind even at very bad road surfaces. Suspension components all checked by myself as well as the shop. Whats weird is that when I swapped the wheels left to right I expected to feel some difference, but nothing. It is felt most in the driver seat, when Im in the pass. seat it feels alot smoother, nearly perfect. I dont mind the $ wasted its the time and well still not having fixed the problem thats most annoying. I have not just bought the car, its been perfect for quite some time. The wheels are OEM style 32's, "20. Any other ideas?

iceman5
06-18-2012, 07:39 PM
CCCP sposibo za fotki, idu proverit)

iceman5
06-18-2012, 07:53 PM
CCCP checked those bushings theyr also perfect.