PDA

View Full Version : Radiator fan is not turning @006 750Li

rangernu
06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Got engine temp high yesterday and noticed steam coming out of coolant reservoir cap.
Shut her down got a tow to the house. Started troubleshooting..started it up..had coolant flowing back to the reservoir so water pump is pumping. Noticed the fan wasnt turning. Turned on the AC and still no fan turning. Decided to order a fan an install it.

Has anyone here replaced it and did you run into any issues or have any points that I should know before I pull it. Thank you in advance!

red1KRR
07-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I had the exact same happen to me yesterday. I was about to order a thermostat and water pump but parts guy said to check the fan. I then thought to myself, when I popped the hood when it was overheating I didn't notice the fan either. Not sure what to check for now. Is it just unplugged or is it a fuse or do I need to order a whole new fan motor:dunno: Where did you order the fan from and what did it cost you?

Keif
07-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Getting the fan out is fairly straight-forward, no big gotchas that I can think of. There is a fuse for this (80A, if I recall correctly)...you can look up the fuse number by looking through the wiring diagram system, WDS (Google "BMW WDS") for the fan...the fuse will be denoted "F00" where 00 is the fuse number.