PDA

View Full Version : 750i remote slides out

brooklynbmw
06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Just got a 2007 750i with only 31k miles in near perfect condition (on the outside, at least) THIS MORNING.

We had no problems at the dealership and then drove into Manhattan to go to work. He dropped off the car at the small parking garage he has been parking at for 10 years. It is a busy garage and they handle all types of cars, including extremely expensive and foreign and new. He turns off the car. Gives the car to the guy. Guy starts it and drives down (ramp to a lower floor) and parks the car. Hours later everyone tries to get the car back up.

When we put in the remote control into the slot, it will not stay in. It slides out slowly. It will not catch. It will not stay in one place. It just slides back out. Even if we force it to stay and press the start/stop button, the car will not stop. Yes, we pressed on the brake. No, the steering wheel will not turn.

The remote will lock, unlock, open the trunk and arm the alarm. The interior light goes on when the door is opened. The other lights also work inside the car. But the dashboard will not light up except to show the parking brake is activated after we step on the brake. We tried BOTH keys that were given and the same thing happens to both. It slides out slowly but determined.

I called a few people from the dealer and nobody knows what is going on. I tried to google it but I cannot find anything like this.

Can anyone help?!?!? :bawling:

Jerry 745Li
06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
I have the same problem with one of my remotes. It will unlock and lock the doors, and open the trunk, but will not start the car. The key is ejected once inserted. Do you have a 2nd working keyfob? If so, try this: hold the good, working keyfob next to your bad fob while inserting the bad fob into the slot. Does it stay in the slot? My bad key will stay in the slot if I hold my good fob next to it or the emergency plastic wallet key next to it. If you don't have a 2nd working fob you will have to get another at the dealer, which is expensive. Good luck.

Jer