PDA

View Full Version : Larger after market wheels/ after market warranty

Hairtrigger19
06-18-2012, 09:05 PM
I have been considering buying a after market warranty( carchex 3-4 K ) and all sounded good until I asked about after market wheels(22 inch)....well, after my salesman did some checking, he notified me that anything needing repair as a result of the larger tire/wheel combination would not be covered. I have not had any problems so far, just wondering if down the line if I have say" transmission problems", they could use the larger wheel/tire excuse.

Thanks for any advice

Seven11
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
i had 22s and lowered on H&Rs and had aftermarket warranty,

and their was never a word about anything

they even replaced suspension parts

but it depends on your warranty thou

04QTR28
06-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Seven11 who do you have? I have a quote through Carchex but looking for someone to compare it with before I pull yhe trigger.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Bimmer App

Hairtrigger19
06-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Cool..same hear, what company did you have Seven11 ?

Hairtrigger19
07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
I just bought a warranty through carchex, paid $3900.00....( bought the everything package) After doing some homework, seems they have the best reputation... I delt with a guy named "Blair", seems to know his stuff in regards to our 7 series. If you want his info. Let me know.

***CCCP***
07-23-2012, 10:58 PM
I have been considering buying a after market warranty( carchex 3-4 K ) and all sounded good until I asked about after market wheels(22 inch)....well, after my salesman did some checking, he notified me that anything needing repair as a result of the larger tire/wheel combination would not be covered. I have not had any problems so far, just wondering if down the line if I have say" transmission problems", they could use the larger wheel/tire excuse.

Thanks for any advice

Very very interesting i better check on this. But 128 came as an option on a 7 so shouldnt be a problem. But better be safe then sorry

quarterto8
07-24-2012, 05:45 AM
I just bought a warranty through carchex, paid $3900.00....( bought the everything package) After doing some homework, seems they have the best reputation... I delt with a guy named "Blair", seems to know his stuff in regards to our 7 series. If you want his info. Let me know.

Can you pm me his info? I'm looking around for a couple of options and would like to see what he says

sirstopher
07-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Just remember that carchex will only pay up to blue book value of your car. Most ex. Warranties are this way.