PDA

View Full Version : Bunch of Questions on New Front Bumper

uwhusky
06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I have the OEM 535xi Sport front bumper. It's pretty plain and not all that exciting. I've been contemplating replacing it for about 6 months and then this morning I took some piece of metal to the front of my car while commuting on the freeway. It cut my front bumper and so I'm thinking now might be a good time to get a more stylish front bumper. I might even be able to get comprehensive insurance to pay for it.

Umnitza.com has a

E60 (5-series) M5 Tech PolyPropylene Bumper (FRONT)
and a
E60 (5-series) MTech PolyPropylene Bumper (FRONT)

They both look about the same to me. They're the same price but one says M5 and the other says Mtech. What's the difference and does anyone recommend one or the other or something completely different?

Also, do I need to order anything for the foglights or do the old fog lights work in the new bumper?

Oceans10
06-19-2012, 01:32 PM
I have the Mtech. Fits great. Get the new foglights, way better and not expensive. They match the headlights.

uwhusky
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I have the Mtech. Fits great. Get the new foglights, way better and not expensive. They match the headlights.

Did you buy from umnitza or someone else?

Oceans10
06-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Did you buy from umnitza or someone else?

Umnitza. As have many others. They ship dirt cheap via Greyhound bus.

xclone
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
I also have an Umnitza bumper - M5tech. Just be sure to have your painter strip the crappy primer they ship it with.

umnitza
06-20-2012, 04:05 PM
For the Mtech bumpers, they don't have primer, they have a film that the factory applies to it.

The shop should always primer the bumper and paint it as if it's not primered.

The m5tech doesn't have primer on it or that film.

Give us a call if you want anything:)

xclone
06-20-2012, 04:51 PM
For the Mtech bumpers, they don't have primer, they have a film that the factory applies to it.

The shop should always primer the bumper and paint it as if it's not primered.

The m5tech doesn't have primer on it or that film.

Give us a call if you want anything:)

By "film" I assume you mean a white sprayed on coating? The M5Tech I received did have the primer/film on it that caused my painter fits.

uwhusky
06-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Hey Umnitza,

I have questions on the fog light options? Should I call, PM you or post them here?

umnitza
06-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Any of those 3 will work.
calling is usually best.

ARX3
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but what's the difference between MTech and M5Tech bumpers? Also, are new PDC sensors required, or could I just reuse the existing ones from the 535xi LCI?

umnitza
06-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Mtech bumpers are not as aggressive.
The M5tech are more aggressive.
PDC is a sensor opening, we just give you holes for your bumper, you plug yours in. Only thing you need is new fogs.

here's the photo for the differences:
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/aero/m5rollingfront2.sized.jpg
http://www.umnitza.com/images/mtech360.jpg

ARX3
06-22-2012, 06:56 AM
PDC is a sensor opening, we just give you holes for your bumper, you plug yours in. Only thing you need is new fogs.

Thanks, I asked the question about the PDC's as I have heard of people having issues, as well as this disclaimer on your website:

Some PDC fitment issues are possible if you have a Sport package already vs non-Sport package PDC sensors. Please inquire if this may be an issue for you.

umnitza
06-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks, I asked the question about the PDC's as I have heard of people having issues, as well as this disclaimer on your website:

Some PDC fitment issues are possible if you have a Sport package already vs non-Sport package PDC sensors. Please inquire if this may be an issue for you.

This disclaimer was put in because people would simply select PDC but not tell us which size they had. You have only 2 types, quarter sized or dime sizes (25mm or 18mm)

Each of these depends not on "sport package" or "non-sport package" but it has in most cases broken down in that way (though sometimes it's unique to the car - for example some people have the mtech body package but not the sport package, so they have larger PDC on an 08, where they shouldn't have that).

So just look at yours. Tell us what you have, we'll work on it with you.

ARX3
06-25-2012, 07:03 AM
So just look at yours. Tell us what you have, we'll work on it with you.

Dime sized - 18mm

umnitza
06-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Ok, then you're good to go, we have those in stock.