PDA

View Full Version : Speed reading stuck

rkruz
06-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Im getting familiar with my new/used 2008 750i. Finding some gremlins that Im having difficulty determining whether my lack of knowledge or a problem in the car. For example...

The digital reading below the speedo has not changed ever since Ive test drove or owned the car. See picture. It always reads 16.3 mph. I assume this is digital version of speedo arm?
Reviewed manual and searched forums with no luck on similar problem or how to change the display to read something else (Other then miles driven). I can push the button on RPM side and it will show Miles on car and then will return to the 16.3 mph.

Do you know what this readout is supposed to be showing? Can I display something else like mpg there?

Thanks in advance for any advance

stuartjohn24
06-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Im getting familiar with my new/used 2008 750i. Finding some gremlins that Im having difficulty determining whether my lack of knowledge or a problem in the car. For example...

The digital reading below the speedo has not changed ever since Ive test drove or owned the car. See picture. It always reads 16.3 mph. I assume this is digital version of speedo arm?
Reviewed manual and searched forums with no luck on similar problem or how to change the display to read something else (Other then miles driven). I can push the button on RPM side and it will show Miles on car and then will return to the 16.3 mph.

Do you know what this readout is supposed to be showing? Can I display something else like mpg there?

Thanks in advance for any advance

Hi,

The LCD is showing the average speed calculated over a certain period of time. It is not the current speed.

If you press the lower button on the end of the indicator stalk it should cycle through odometer, real time MPG, average MPG/consumption, average speed and ETA to destination if using the sat nav.

Hope this helps!

Stuart

KMiland
06-19-2012, 03:51 PM
The mph reading is your average speed,so this will almost never be a high number ;)
You can reset this via i-drive.
Push he button on your turn signal switch to alter the dispaly. On button for each of the displays..

rkruz
06-19-2012, 03:58 PM
sweet. Thanks. I knew it had to be something stupid in me.

sirstopher
06-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Or hold the button in on the top stalk, and it will check all systems and report back. Hold bottom button it will turn the LCD off.

Lots of stuff to learn, it took me a week with the owners manual in hand going thru each function of the car, and that's about 1/2 of what it will do.

wjjklj
06-19-2012, 04:41 PM
You can restart the average miles per hour and the fuel economy in the settings section of the idrive.