PDA

View Full Version : Wow is BMW repair information secret?

oldknife
06-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Wow is BMW repair information secret?

This is what I found at ALLDAT DIY FAQs

Where can I find BMW/Mini repair information?
ALLDATA's Automotive Repair Database has information for most domestic and imported vehicles sold in the U.S.; however, BMW/Mini is not currently supported on ALLDATAdiy.com, at the request of the manufacturer.

Anyone know a place to point me to learn more about my car.

2005 745i

pkathee
06-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Wow is BMW repair information secret?

This is what I found at ALLDAT DIY FAQs

Where can I find BMW/Mini repair information?
ALLDATA's Automotive Repair Database has information for most domestic and imported vehicles sold in the U.S.; however, BMW/Mini is not currently supported on ALLDATAdiy.com, at the request of the manufacturer.

Anyone know a place to point me to learn more about my car.

2005 745i

Search button is your friend.....Visit link below.

http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/

oldknife
06-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you very much!

Keif
06-20-2012, 03:16 PM
TIS - Technician Information System (a.k.a. the shop manual)
WDS - Wiring Diagram System
Realoem.com - Parts diagrams and approximately what you can expect to pay at a dealership with BMWCCA discount
BMWTIS.com and BMWTechInfo.com - BMW's sites to give access to various official systems for outside use. It's well worth getting a $30 day pass and poking around there sometime; there is a ton of information there (ex. training documents), as well as the most up to date versions of the normal tools like TIS, WDS, ETK, ISTA.

oldknife
06-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Thank you Keif.
I am NOOB to this forum but I saw something that I really like that caught my eye.
One of the users here named AceFX has a post that he uses this tool.
http://www.gocardiag.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=583
I just ordered it today and going to start doing some more research.
There is a lot of useful information in this forum.
Just learned i have a e65 and my car was made 02/05. Lots to learn ...:)

oldknife
06-20-2012, 07:18 PM
SOB!!! ... i just got home and checked my email.

Dear Sir,

Hi,

Thank you for ordering our item, i am sorry we made mistake in shipping cost, this product you ordered is not free shipping , the shipping cost to USA is $29 . if you still want to buy , you can pay us the shipping cost, if not, we will refund your money, how do you think?

We hope to do business with you .

Best Regards,
yours truly

Jo

Well ... not doing business with them ... www.gocardiag.com ... THIS COMPANY SUCKS !!!

ProRail
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
SOB!!! ... i just got home and checked my email.

Dear Sir,

Hi,

Thank you for ordering our item, i am sorry we made mistake in shipping cost, this product you ordered is not free shipping , the shipping cost to USA is $29 . if you still want to buy , you can pay us the shipping cost, if not, we will refund your money, how do you think?

We hope to do business with you .

Best Regards,
yours truly

Jo

Well ... not doing business with them ... www.gocardiag.com ... THIS COMPANY SUCKS !!!

So you're not buying the peoduct because they're charging shipping costs. I have no problem with that, but why is it such a big deal?.

oldknife
06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
it was posted free shipping ... going to another vendor

WALKDBEAST
06-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Thank you Keif.
I am NOOB to this forum but I saw something that I really like that caught my eye.
One of the users here named AceFX has a post that he uses this tool.
http://www.gocardiag.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=583
I just ordered it today and going to start doing some more research.
There is a lot of useful information in this forum.
Just learned i have a e65 and my car was made 02/05. Lots to learn ...:)

Hey that is a nice website to pick up a diagnostic tool. Unfortunately for me, the tool doesn't support E66 models :cry: Have you run across any other websites I might check?

oldknife
06-20-2012, 08:59 PM
http://www.ecutool.com

I just ordered the 4 in 1 tool from there. I talked to Linda she match the price on other competitors website. Really nice customer service. I will be using them for now on.:thumbup:

RON7165994
06-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey that is a nice website to pick up a diagnostic tool. Unfortunately for me, the tool doesn't support E66 models :cry: Have you run across any other websites I might check?

YES IT DO WORK ON E66 I HAVE ONE :thumbup:

Keif
06-20-2012, 09:57 PM

It says on that site that it supports the E65, so it supports the E66 as well. E65 = short wheelbase, E66 = long wheelbase, otherwise you can consider them the same car in almost every way. Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App

WALKDBEAST
06-21-2012, 12:38 PM
It says on that site that it supports the E65, so it supports the E66 as well. E65 = short wheelbase, E66 = long wheelbase, otherwise you can consider them the same car in almost every way. Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App

Well as a rookie to the BMW family I actually knew the L stood for long wheelbase. However, I was thinking the e65 model represented the 745s and the E66 represented the 750s. I obviously have alot to learn about these cars. I appreciate your insight:D

WALKDBEAST
06-21-2012, 12:40 PM
YES IT DO WORK ON E66 I HAVE ONE :thumbup:

:thumbup:

alpinaman24
06-21-2012, 03:11 PM
i use alldata but as a professional so i have whatever you can name mostly up to 2011

alpinaman24
06-21-2012, 03:11 PM
not so sure what the dyi side of alldata works

inspi
06-21-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm using regular ALLDATA too :)

oldknife
06-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Can you purchase All Data just on specific cars?

I need it for 2005 BMW 745 I and a 2009 Mini Cooper S.

I think the professional one would be expensive and they not suited for non professional intent.

alpinaman24
06-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Your better off buying a Bentley publisher repair manual

Go to alldatadiy.com

oldknife
06-24-2012, 09:19 AM
thanks but went Bently and Hanes could not find a book dor a 2005 bmw 745 i. :cry: