PDA

View Full Version : Auto window close when closing top

BluberryBlue650
06-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Help please. Windows would auto roll up at completion of top close cycle on my 335. Recently upgraded to 650 convert and windows dont close auto at end of top closing. How can i make this happen?

Also, any advice on getting rid of the "accept" screen at start up, seat belt alarm, and preventing the A/C from automatically being on at start up (at lowest setting)?

Thanx!

Yorgi
06-20-2012, 07:41 PM
What exactly do you mean by auto close? My windows will close if I continue to hold the top-close button after the top locks, they also close if I hold the top-open button when the top is fully down.

Is that what you mean or do you want them to go up all the way on their own after the roof locks, even if you let go of the top close button.

All the other things you want to change can be done by an independent BMW shop or by yourself if you are have the time to learn how to install the software. Just a warning though, the software you need is OEM BMW factory software and there are pirated copies floating around. It is complicated to get working but it will allow you to change anything the dealer can, and may thing they will refuse to change, like the annoying "accept" disclaimer at start-up.

BluberryBlue650
06-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks Yorgi,

I am trying to get all the windows to automatically go all the way up if I continue to hold the convertible top up/close button at the end of the movement. Right now they dont go up when i keep my finger on the button after closing the top. I was under the impression that this was the stock option and this car's programming has not been changed so my guess is there is a way to do this using the idrive options as opposed to the more advanced programming methods. If anyone knows how or if there is a button somewhere, please let me know.

gregb
06-22-2012, 07:47 PM
I have a '07 vert, and all of my windows close completely if I continue to hold the top close button after the top completes the locking process... and I think its a standard feature on the vert's, so not sure why yours won't do it... :dunno:

BluberryBlue650
06-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Windows will not roll up if i hold down the convertible top close button after top is closed. Any help out there on that one. Again, no changes to programming on this car since factory.

Also, A/C comes on automatically when i start the car (at lowest fan speed). Any help with that one?

Thanx

Yorgi
06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
If I had to guess I would say your window behavior is a result of programming. How are you sure the previous owner did not have the car programmed?

If you had some sort of issue with a module or sensor then I would think your "all 5 windows up/down" button on the armrest would not work either.