PDA

View Full Version : Looking for E60 Battery Recall SIB

Stigmata
06-21-2012, 06:38 AM
I've just received my letter for the battery cable recall. I know I've seen a copy of the actual SIB pertaining to this recall but can't seem to find it in any of the forums. Does anyone have a copy of this document or know where I can search for it? BMW has apparently shut-down the backdoor to their SIB sight.

NoQuarter
06-21-2012, 05:20 PM
I've just received my letter for the battery cable recall. I know I've seen a copy of the actual SIB pertaining to this recall but can't seem to find it in any of the forums. Does anyone have a copy of this document or know where I can search for it? BMW has apparently shut-down the backdoor to their SIB sight.

hmmm. What ya want to do with it? they just add some grease to the cable connection.

Stigmata
06-22-2012, 03:12 AM
I had my cable replaced a year and a half ago due to a high resistance measured across it which resulted in a passenger restraint failure fault. BMW Canada would not cover the replacement under warranty which totalled $470. I thought I had read in the SIB that the poor connection could result in various faults being produced. The CPO warranty was "component specific" so the cable wasn't included. Now I'm having doubts that the cable needed to be replaced and that the connection mentioned in the recall may be to blame. I don't expect a refund since money only flows one way between the consumer and BMW but I do enjoy butting heads with them.

sahersesos
06-23-2012, 04:31 PM
I got that letter 2 weeks ago !went to the dealer in houston ,tx
waited 3 hours on my car then i went home and parked the car for 2 hours ..
When i tryed to start the car it will start continously with none stop engine sound (called dry start)
went back to the dealer after the weekend when the car started back just fine !!
They BLAMED it on the starter which needs $1000 to replace !!! What a coincidence !!
My advice take that recall letter and place it in the garbage asap !! Before they fxxx your car up !!
Thanks,