PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Reset

07Seven
06-21-2012, 01:52 PM
OK, I don't know if this is true or not, but I think there is a way to keep your transmission smooth after you do the reset. You know when you try to set a TV remote to control your dvd player, you have to press and hold a certain buttons to lock in the code... It's the same idea.

What happened was my car was very smooth when I bought it but I started noticing a little hesitation between 1st and 2nd gear a couple months ago. So I did the reset thing a few times to see if it improves or not and it did. But like everyone here has said it before, it only lasted a few days before it started to hesitate again. So then I reset it again, drove it for about a mile and made sure that all the gears change smoothly, then I stopped the car and did something to it that I can't remember... But now it drives very smooth again for over a month now. I don't know if anyone has tried something like this before to see if it works? I don't dare to mess with it again because I don't want to mess it up.

I think I stopped the car after driving through all the gears, turned it off by pressing and holding the start/stop button. Then I pressed and held the start/stop button again with my foot OFF the pedalr and the brake for a minute or so. Can someone (who is having the jerking problem) try this and let me know?