PDA

View Full Version : AC Blows only HOT air - Help in trobleshooting?

apomerans
06-22-2012, 07:46 AM
There has to be someone who had this issue and found the problem, if you are the one - please, suggest something.

Symptom:

AC blows only Hot air. No cold air at all. In the morning, when car is cool - it blows just warm air, equivalent to outside. As the car warms up it starts blowing only hot.

What I have checked so far:

- AC Fan works
- While ventillation is running When I press AC (snowflake) button - I hear something turning on in the engine.
- While ventillation is running When I turn off AC something turns off
- Replaced Water Valve (issue remains):mad:
- Checked Low side Freon pressue OK

What other things can I check and how?
I do have DIS, TIS and NCS coder... trying to install INPA

Being a Software Eng and not a mechanic - I may need a tid more detail on mechanical side, though directions using DIS and other tools I can understand fairly well.

At this point procuring any part and replacing is the last of my worries, it is the correct diagnosis of what needs to be fixed is what keeps me up at night.:eek:

Thanks in advance for any advice :eeps:

oldknife
06-22-2012, 11:07 AM
I saw another link ... http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608486
but i don't think this will help you.

Mine in the morning sometimes blow hot air. I looked in I Drive in the climate menu and i think there might be a time and temp settings. I need to look at this in the weekend.

I just bought car last month so I am still learning about it.

I also notice later when i drove my car a bit and hit max ac. The ac started to working.
I set the Memory button ... but i don't think that has anything to do with it.
I think it only saves my seat settings and mirror. It seems my problem has not come back or has not re appeared yet.

I hope everything works out for you.
Sorry ... I am a software developer too ... not a mechanic.