PDA

View Full Version : CD Magazine stuck and door won't close

bigballa765
06-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I really need some help with this and I have done some searching both on this forum as well as google. Yesterday I put a new mix cd into my 6 disc changer in the front as normal. Pushed it in and the door didn't close. Tried ejecting a few times and while the door comes down it only goes about less than half down and folds back up. Did some googling and seen the butter knife trick for the latch that didn't work. Also took to a friend to pull the fuse in glove box that didn't work.

I know there was a thread where a guy talked about some clamps or pins that need to be pressed. Can someone either tell me how they popped theirs out or guide me in the direction. It's an eye sore an it's annoying as I can't put any more CD's in the changer and it was working properly before yesterday. I know a CD isn't stuck because I cycled through the ones I have in there they still read and will switch fine. Thanks in advance.

bigballa765
06-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Can someone please help me or respond please? Really need to get. It fixed would be nice for a little insight.

PAPER
06-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Try charging your battery & then do A MOST bus reset .

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

bigballa765
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks but that didn't work it's pretty stupid how the thing worked before put a new disc in and now it won't eject door opens and shuts quickly. I'm not paying 800$ for them to take a part a CD changer lol

Catanzaro
06-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately these break all the time. Mine broke 2x. Try going to a Audio-Alarm shop. They can remove it for you for a lot less then the dealer. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer App

eric6869
08-07-2013, 05:42 PM
What do you do if you get the cd magazine out but the door still doesn't close?? What does that mean??

Catanzaro
08-08-2013, 08:25 AM
My CD Magazine broke under warranty. Then the refurbished broke 2 years and 2 months later. The dealer would not honor it. $1,200 in NJ. I found a new one on the internet had an audio place install it. Total $700 vs. $1,200. Then I never used it again and sold the car. At this point as much as the car was loved I could not deal with the expense of keeping the car going. BMW really messed up on this and should have never put in a multi CD Changer. They always break.