PDA

View Full Version : HELP RAIN WET MY HEADLINERS - How to clean?!!?

axo0819
06-22-2012, 12:23 PM
I left the sunroof opened just a bit today because it was ridiculously hot and it started to pour cats and dogs within the next hour. The water leaked in and soak the headliners. Any ideas on how to quickly dry them before they start to mold?!
HELP!

NoQuarter
06-22-2012, 01:26 PM
I left the sunroof opened just a bit today because it was ridiculously hot and it started to pour cats and dogs within the next hour. The water leaked in and soak the headliners. Any ideas on how to quickly dry them before they start to mold?!
HELP!

you can get the edge of the headliner down a bit in the rear and you can pull open the panels where the mic/sunroof buttons are, the light/motion sensor in the center and the rear brake light cover. Point a fan at the open panels.

BMW535xia
06-22-2012, 02:15 PM
i've heard that some owner(s) have had success in cleaning with a mildly diluted solution of woolite and H2O.

t0byd0g1
06-23-2012, 06:57 AM
I had a leak coming in from the antenna which caused staining in the rear of the headliner. I sprayed Scotchgard carpet cleaner on a towel and lightly scrubbed the edges of the stain. It helped fade it out until it was unnoticeable. I read about many people screwing up their headliners by using too much cleaner, so I was very careful.