PDA

View Full Version : 2004 radio problems? Need help..

juniorlaw
06-07-2004, 07:30 PM
My radio just died and the sound on the nav has also disappeared.....dealer and BMW say that the part is on back order and will not have a replacement for weeks. I asked them to put in a new radio from one on the lot but they told me that they would only install re-manufactured parts into a sold car...what's up with that? Spend all this money and they will not put a new part in a new car.. My nav is also acting up by stating "please wait a moment" nothing shows up this is happening about 60 % of the time i use the nav since the radio went..This is my second major problem since getting the car in april, 2004..any help

LDV330i
06-07-2004, 10:02 PM
My radio just died and the sound on the nav has also disappeared.....dealer and BMW say that the part is on back order and will not have a replacement for weeks. I asked them to put in a new radio from one on the lot but they told me that they would only install re-manufactured parts into a sold car...what's up with that? Replacing faulty parts with remanufactured parts while the car is in warranty appears to be standard procedure with many car manufacturers. When my radio display permanently went dim on 318ti it was replaced with a remanufactured unit. In my VW when the alternator and radiator fan failed they were also replaced with remanufactured parts.