PDA

View Full Version : Memory seats with remote??

s2gots
06-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Hey guys, I looked through the owners manual, but couldn't find my answer. My wife has been needing to drive my car on occasion, so I gave her a separate remote/key.
Had her adjust the seat, mirrors and steering wheel how she likes, and programmed into memory 2. Now, when either of us use our individual key/remote to unlock the doors, should the seats, mirrors and steering wheel move to our memory settings, because they don't. They Only move when we push either the 1 or 2 memory button on the center console.
Tia

Lastcombo
06-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Hey guys, I looked through the owners manual, but couldn't find my answer. My wife has been needing to drive my car on occasion, so I gave her a separate remote/key.
Had her adjust the seat, mirrors and steering wheel how she likes, and programmed into memory 2. Now, when either of us use our individual key/remote to unlock the doors, should the seats, mirrors and steering wheel move to our memory settings, because they don't. They Only move when we push either the 1 or 2 memory button on the center console.
TiaYep that's normal I have the same issue,dealer told me you have to push the button each time you enter the car

s2gots
06-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Really?? That's pretty stupid...why would BMW do something like that, that doesn't make sense? Hell my damn 02 jeep had memory seats that recalled with the remote.
Things like this are irritating, especially on a flag ship car...

PAPER
06-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Your car & key need to be programmed .

Your car needs to be coded . You need to turn on that feature with each specific key .
After this is done the car will adjust to the saved settings for seat & steering wheel position on each different key

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

s2gots
06-23-2012, 06:53 PM
So it's not enough that the key already starts the car, it needs more coding, which is definitely a dealer thing, which will probably cost a few $$...
I guess it is what it is, but in my opinion, this stuff should already be programmed from factory...
Anyway, thanks guys..

***CCCP***
06-23-2012, 08:16 PM
I have 3 fobs and each one of the remembers position of the seat etc as soon as i hit unlock they move