PDA

View Full Version : Strange Noise - Need Some Help

MikeTz
06-24-2012, 05:53 PM
I've noticed a "metallic knocking" sound when driving over rough surfaces and when shutting the door. The noise sounds like a metal on metal sound. It does not occur when the car is on and stopped, or when driving on most roads. The noise sounds like it's coming from under the seat and, after checking, there is no debris under there. But there is a mettalic cylinder within a cylinder on the seat assembly that seems loose and might be a noise maker. Anyone have a similar issue? Looking for good suggestions.

Rez999
06-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I've noticed a "metallic knocking" sound when driving over rough surfaces and when shutting the door. The noise sounds like a metal on metal sound. It does not occur when the car is on and stopped, or when driving on most roads. The noise sounds like it's coming from under the seat and, after checking, there is no debris under there. But there is a mettalic cylinder within a cylinder on the seat assembly that seems loose and might be a noise maker. Anyone have a similar issue? Looking for good suggestions.

My 525Xi started to give anoying metallic noise since 2 weeks ago. it is definity comming from centre consol in between the front seets, specialy on a bumpy road.
I have checked underneath both seets to find any sign of lose metals, screw, wires but all tide.
i know the feeling which drive me crazy.:dunno:

borderchris
06-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Most likely your diagonal underhood crossmembers; they need to be re-torqued from time to time. They most commonly get loose at the firewall bolts.