PDA

View Full Version : Heat coming from passenger floor when AC on?

Kalil147
06-24-2012, 10:59 PM
I am having this problem now. My 545i is blowing hot air from the lower passenger side when the AC is on. Driver side blows cold air, like in every other vent. Just this one is blowing hot air. How can I fix this? Has anyone had the same problem?

Oceans10
06-25-2012, 07:42 AM
I am having the same problem.
I scanned for error codes with Autologic and it indicated an issue with the solar sensor that is built into the windshield in front of the rear view mirror.

When it is sunny out and hot, AC works as normal. But when it gets very dark out or at night, the vents in the footwell start blowing very hot air. I noticed it driving to the airport last night at 7pm. At first there was no hot air, then it gradually increased as it got darker out.
I have no idea what is causing it, might be software related. Let me know what you find out, I am pursuing on this end as well.

I do not relish the idea of long trips with my feet roasting. Also the heat causes the central vents to compensate and blow more cold air. Crazy.

Kalil147
06-25-2012, 08:12 AM
In the feet area of the passenger side, it blows warm air all day n night when the AC is on. What I had to do is close the passenger floor vent thru the idrive for now. Let me know if you find a fix for this.

godzulu
12-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Do anyone know how to fix this, thanks

racooper3
12-01-2012, 08:01 PM
There are little actuators that open close the flaps. In my old e39 I had to have 2 of those replaced. It was covered under CPO so don't know how much they are. Oceans10, Software shouldn't have just changed on you. What is outside temp where you are? The outside temp thermometer also factors into the need to blow hot air on your feet in the winter. Not sure about temp in Miami. I am in Tampa and it blows warmer on my feet on cold morning/nights than during the day. The OP may have a bad actuator on the passenger side. I gave up 10 years ago trying to figure out German Engineered A/C and Heat algorithims.

Oceans10
12-01-2012, 08:59 PM
This was happening during summer months when it was 90 degres outside. Not sure it is the actuator since I noticed it is also happening with the little side ventes on the upper dash, the ones near the A pillars. I still haven't solved it, but now that it is cold I welcome the heat.
I will go back to researching in the spring sometime.

godzulu
12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
I saw this issue on a M3 thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=368115 The OP said his problem was a blown fuse - in his case it was the hot water control valve has a separate fuse, #62. I am trying to locate the corresponding fuse in our e60, if there is one. Any thoughts? I saw in another post, where someone posted thumbnails of fuses but I didnt see a match to the m3 post

Oceans10
12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
You would think a blown fuse would cause certain services to be inactive and that there would be error messages on it. Weird.
Definitely think the climate control system is linked to other systems. F.ex. at one point I picked up an error code referring to the solar sensor on the windshield.