PDA

View Full Version : 2010 535i M Sport

conrua
06-25-2012, 10:34 PM
All,

I'm happy to rejoin the Bimmerfest community after a long hiatus :wave:. Didn't realize how much I would miss driving a bimmer until I retired my 2004 330i back in 2006. Have been yearning for the day that I would once again own one of my favorite automotive brand.

Things fell together and today at 8pm EST I am the proud owner of my second bimmer ... 2010 535i M Sport, CPO, Jet Black/Gray Dakota, Premium, Cold, Comfort and Sport Auto. She only has 22K miles and she's looker (at least to me).

The drive home from the dealer brought back lots of fond memory from the 330i days. What make it even more special was my 4 year old son rode semi-shortgun in the back and he was my first passenger :thumbup:. I came home relatively late so only was able to snap a few photos using my iPhone. Will take more photos using a real camera soon.

Can't wait till the morning to stretch her legs ... thank goodness for no break-in period like a new car.

Thegame6752
06-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Beautiful car. Welcome back

Oceans10
06-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Mint! The 2010 Sport comes with all the mtech goodies, which vastly improves appearance.
No change in power, though. In the 3 and 1 series, BMW tweaked the engine mapping a bit for some healthy gains, but not on the 5. 335iS and 1M put out a good 50 hp more and are really lively to drive. A friend of mine put his 1m on a dyno and it posted 325 hp and 360 torque. That is to the rear wheels, so add 18% to get crank output. Same exact engine, different software setting. That's exacly what you get with JB4 on Map 1.

Anyway, get on the highway, find an open lane, downshift to 3rd and floor it. See what happens. It always amazes me how the car seems to glide into tripple digits, when you would swear you are only doing 80. Very deceptive speed as there is zero drama or any external clues warning you. To me that is the true genious of this car. Passengers have the same reaction, so it's not just me.
When I ride in my buddy's M5 it is the opposite. Everything is a big loud roar, and you are being tossed around violently in the cabin. Each surge on the throttle is felt in the bones, each shift of the SMG rocks the car backwards during the pause, then abruptly forwards. It's thrilling, but not pleasant on long touring distances. I much prefer the 535 with its polished moves and magic carpet poise. Of course I upgraded to H&R springs and Konis, but they just enhance what was already there with my stock sport suspension, tightens things a few degrees further.

conrua
06-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Beautiful car. Welcome back

Thank you!

conrua
06-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Mint! The 2010 Sport comes with all the mtech goodies, which vastly improves appearance.
No change in power, though. In the 3 and 1 series, BMW tweaked the engine mapping a bit for some healthy gains, but not on the 5. 335iS and 1M put out a good 50 hp more and are really lively to drive. A friend of mine put his 1m on a dyno and it posted 325 hp and 360 torque. That is to the rear wheels, so add 18% to get crank output. Same exact engine, different software setting. That's exacly what you get with JB4 on Map 1.

Anyway, get on the highway, find an open lane, downshift to 3rd and floor it. See what happens. It always amazes me how the car seems to glide into tripple digits, when you would swear you are only doing 80. Very deceptive speed as there is zero drama or any external clues warning you. To me that is the true genious of this car. Passengers have the same reaction, so it's not just me.
When I ride in my buddy's M5 it is the opposite. Everything is a big loud roar, and you are being tossed around violently in the cabin. Each surge on the throttle is felt in the bones, each shift of the SMG rocks the car backwards during the pause, then abruptly forwards. It's thrilling, but not pleasant on long touring distances. I much prefer the 535 with its polished moves and magic carpet poise. Of course I upgraded to H&R springs and Konis, but they just enhance what was already there with my stock sport suspension, tightens things a few degrees further.

I drove her to work today and she drives like a dream. It has so much power on tab and I was just in non-sport mode. I think I will try to do the sprint on a Saturday morning when traffic is light. I see you referenced JB4 but I was leaning toward Cobb AccessPort since I'm not an experienced DIYer. I think either product is very good from the reviews on this forum. Mine is a CPO so I want to leave no trail when I have to bring in for warranty work.

Robert A
06-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Nicely done. I may be right behind you (as I am in the market as well).

Would you care to share any information about the transaction?

Oceans10
06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=conrua;6917567]I drove her to work today and she drives like a dream. It has so much power on tab and I was just in non-sport mode. I think I will try to do the sprint on a Saturday morning when traffic is light. I see you referenced JB4 but I was leaning toward Cobb AccessPort since I'm not an experienced DIYer. I think either product is very good from the reviews on this forum. Mine is a CPO so I want to leave no trail when I have to bring in for warranty work.[/QUOTE

Either way you will experience the car restored to full power potential. BMW have massively detuned that engine in my opinion. But for most people it is more than adequate.

booyaazaa
06-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Nice ride especially since its got the mtech look already. I agree with oceans on that the car is adequate for most people but unfortunately i want MORE. Hopefully i get my cobb accessport next week. :)

bajanjack
06-26-2012, 08:15 PM
I've got the same car, in carbon black and the Dakota brown interior. I did the Dinan stage 2, and I love my car-so much so that I'm gonna buy it out at lease end in October.

conrua
06-27-2012, 09:23 AM
I've got the same car, in carbon black and the Dakota brown interior. I did the Dinan stage 2, and I love my car-so much so that I'm gonna buy it out at lease end in October.

That's one of my favorite color combo ... couldn't find a good CPO in that combo. I got JB and Gray .... finding out that I do like this combo alot ... most importantly the bimmer drives amazing even before mods.

Gregzou
06-27-2012, 01:50 PM
May I ask how much it cost u? I have almost exact car but not CPO and 25k miles cost me 40k with 6 years extended warranty

conrua
06-27-2012, 02:22 PM
$38.5K before tax and junk fees.

ModBargains III
06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
I drove her to work today and she drives like a dream. It has so much power on tab and I was just in non-sport mode. I think I will try to do the sprint on a Saturday morning when traffic is light. I see you referenced JB4 but I was leaning toward Cobb AccessPort since I'm not an experienced DIYer. I think either product is very good from the reviews on this forum. Mine is a CPO so I want to leave no trail when I have to bring in for warranty work.

COBB is certainly a great way to add power with the ability to maintain your vehicle's warranty by just un-installing the COBB before you go to the dealer. We see great power gains, but more importantly we actually see a small MPG gain if you drive like you did just before you added the COBB as well (Usually about 1-2 MPG).

With the power upgrade though, and for the price of the unit that we have here, there's no reason why this shouldn't be the first thing you get for your new 535i!
http://www.modbargains.com/images/Products/Cobb%20AccessPORT/Cobb-AccessPORT-135i-335i-535i-Dyno.jpg (http://www.modbargains.com/Cobb-AccessPORT-ECU-Flash-BMW-N54-135i-335i-535i-AP-BMW-001.htm)

*Cobb AccessPORT ECU Flash Tuner BMW N54 (135i/335i/535i/1M/Z4) (http://www.modbargains.com/Cobb-AccessPORT-ECU-Flash-BMW-N54-135i-335i-535i-AP-BMW-001.htm)

We've got endless reviews on our website, and all over the forums if you want to search it up. Of course you can always contact me via PM/email or call me direct at 714.582.3330 extension 8002, and ask for Jurrian when you call in!

Gregzou
06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
$38.5K before tax and junk fees.

Wow really good deal! Congrats!

Gregzou
06-27-2012, 06:18 PM
That's one of my favorite color combo ... couldn't find a good CPO in that combo. I got JB and Gray .... finding out that I do like this combo alot ... most importantly the bimmer drives amazing even before mods.

I got dark blue and black interior combo :)

Sam C.
06-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Nice ride. I'm also in Cumming. Maybe we'll meet at a traffic light oneday for a quick drag.

conrua
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Nice ride. I'm also in Cumming. Maybe we'll meet at a traffic light oneday for a quick drag.

Absolutely. You have the car that my friend wants ... 535i 6speed. He's been looking over 2 months.

CleanE60
06-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Nice car Welcome back, i too am in a very similar situation... I just purchased my 2010 535i x drive. The mtech kit is sick!

I have the mod itch too. congrats!

Sam C.
06-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Absolutely. You have the car that my friend wants ... 535i 6speed. He's been looking over 2 months.

They are hard to come by. I went to United Roswell to test drive a 335 and they happened to have my car on the lot. Funny thing is it had been on the lot for 6 months as no one wanted a 6 spd, go figure. Tell you friend good luck!

conrua
06-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Nice car Welcome back, i too am in a very similar situation... I just purchased my 2010 535i x drive. The mtech kit is sick!

I have the mod itch too. congrats!

Thank you! Yes it is .... mtech was the main reason for my purchase. I had the ZHP on my last '04 330i as well. And congrats to you as well.

conrua
06-29-2012, 07:56 AM
They are hard to come by. I went to United Roswell to test drive a 335 and they happened to have my car on the lot. Funny thing is it had been on the lot for 6 months as no one wanted a 6 spd, go figure. Tell you friend good luck!

Another funny thing is I bought my bimmer from United Roswell as well.

CleanE60
09-17-2012, 11:22 PM
have any of you installed your cobb yet?