PDA

View Full Version : 02 745 Power window problem, window motor

Dunf
06-27-2012, 07:04 AM
I have a 02 745i and the passenger front window got stuck in the middle position, and when i tried to close it there was a noice.

So I replaced the window regulator which was broken, and used same motor from the old regulator. But before i before I put it all together I decided to check the window motor

When i try to open the window from passenger side by pressing the button down, step one or two, the motor starts but when i press up, step one or two, nothing happens, not even a sound from the window motor.All other windows are working properly

I also tried to use the key (comfort open/close) and the result are the same, goes down but not up
Reinitialize the power window does not work, becaues the window only goes down ;)
Does anyone know if it is possible to test the windows motor to see if it's OK or not,and how you do it

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

/Eriksson.

alpinaman24
06-27-2012, 09:07 AM
yopu need to open the door panel and manually give it power at the connector

check if you have signal with a tester while pushing the "up" button

i prefer using a "power probe"

if you dont know how to use that tool dont because you could fry wires if you dont know what your doing and possibly blow fuses ..

alpinaman24
06-27-2012, 09:08 AM
i would hook up a scanner to it

it shoudl tell you whats wrong

well my autologic would

Dunf
06-28-2012, 05:23 AM
I have now tested the window motor and it's OK. As said, the motor does not respond when you press up from passenger/driver door button, My guess is that the panel/button are OK, because all other windows are working properly. There is a control unit in passenger door, could the problem be there, Or somewhere else?

A diagnostic shows nothing more than "power window not initialized"
The funny thing is that the motor was OK until I disconnected it, the problem with the motor first occured after I connected it again, And everything else works as it should, all windows, Sound, door lights, mirrors, central door lock

alpinaman24
06-28-2012, 09:23 AM
does it go up and down from the main switch ?

with my autologic i can initialize the windows without the up and down feature it does it automatically thru the dlc connector

if you have a powerful scanner you can do the same

Dunf
06-28-2012, 11:23 AM
No it does not go up from the main switch (driver seat) It only goes down, but you have to keep the button pushed down to make the window go all the way down. If I try to reinitialize the window will go down, but it does not respond when I switch the button to up-position.

The local stealer take about $270/h, and if you could recommend a good scanner, I would prefer to put my money there instead of being robbed by the local stealer