PDA

View Full Version : Adjusters bs'in on hail damage to my window

dontaewsu
06-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Vid from inside the car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVvYmoXJQYo&feature=youtu.be

Vid from outside the car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ochrgTOxLw8&feature=youtu.be

So i know there was no damage to the window, but these guys are telling me the nicks (they didn't break the glass but it looks like someone dropped a LOT of rocks on my windshield and left nicks), were from normal wear and tear.

Has anyone had issues like this? How do you go about getting them resolved?

1bad540
06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
hit the windshield with a hammer.:rofl:

dontaewsu
06-27-2012, 11:00 AM
hit the windshield with a hammer.:rofl:

Thought about that but i just don't like to be dirty. I pay my taxes, pay my dues for insurance, and really am just a fair person. I am REALLY REALLY upset they are going about it the way they are.

I'm on the phone with them right now as the adjustor just was a tool. He was going on and on about he's been doing this for 25 yrs and he has an 05 honda and he has a bit of these lil things on his car.

I'm like wtf? I have a 05 Grand Prix and it has NONE of this. Why is he comparing me to him? It's ticking me off.

canuckdon
06-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Ice can't chip glass. see mohs scale of hardness. It can break the windshield if there's enough force. Think about using a wooden baseball bat; you can break the window, but you can't really chip it.

dontaewsu
06-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Mother Nature
Storms are also the cause of windshield chips. Severe thunderstorms can stir up road debris and send branches and rocks flying. They can also dispense hail or chunks of ice that hit the glass of your windshield and create a chip. Tornadoes and hurricanes can also cause weather-related damage to your car's windshield. While driving in a storm can sometimes be avoided, it is suggested to park your car in a covered area like a garage to avoid storm debris.

http://www.autos.com/auto-repair/common-causes-of-a-windshield-chip

collins912
06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Insurance companies do whatever they can to save the company time and money!

Lastcombo
06-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Insurance companies do whatever they can to save the company time and money!+1:thumbup:

samadkins29
06-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Can you post pic of the damage? The video doesnt show much but a bunch of water and some small hail chunks. If the hail was hard enough to chip the glass, their shouldn't have been so much water. Not calling you a liar, but the video is not exactly evidence. Your clear coat is more likely to chip or bend than the glass.

Lastcombo
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Can you post pic of the damage? The video doesnt show much but a bunch of water and some small hail chunks. If the hail was hard enough to chip the glass, their shouldn't have been so much water. Not calling you a liar, but the video is not exactly evidence. Your clear coat is more likely to chip or bend than the glass.Good point Sam:) how's life ging my friend

samadkins29
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Good point Sam:) how's life ging my friend

Its going, lol Car seems to be running great which is why I havent been posting much. How about you?

Lastcombo
06-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Its going, lol Car seems to be running great which is why I havent been posting much. How about you?
Same here no issues knock on wood ,drive the car each day,only issue i've got where the tyres LOL.:)

dontaewsu
06-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Can you post pic of the damage? The video doesnt show much but a bunch of water and some small hail chunks. If the hail was hard enough to chip the glass, their shouldn't have been so much water. Not calling you a liar, but the video is not exactly evidence. Your clear coat is more likely to chip or bend than the glass.

i see. Hmm i don't have pics as it's at the shop (had it for 1.5 weeks and won't get it back for another 2)

Ugh... not only did i get the hail stuff but some dope fiend smashed out my back window (i had nothing in the car to steal) and i saw him do it and ride away on a bike.

back to the hail though, the hail when i was driving in it (45 minutes) it wasn't as rainy as it was when i had a chance to video. I do believe the hail caused it. I didn't have it there before and that was the only adverse situation i've been in. :(

It's frustrating to be honest.