PDA

View Full Version : Can you identify this loose wire?

robertmspeakout
06-27-2012, 02:46 PM
In trying to diagnose other problems, I noticed this loose wire in the battery compartment. It's hard for me to believe BMW designed it this way, but I can't identify any place for it to go. Does anyone know what this is or could someone check their e60 battery compartment to possibly compare? I would be very grateful!

NoQuarter
06-27-2012, 09:11 PM
You can't believe there might be an available connector that might be used for some optional component you don't have? There are several unused connectors in my car.

That said... I'd say it is better for you to describe what you are troubleshooting to put some context around what we are helping with.

HPIA4v2
06-28-2012, 07:08 AM
You can't believe there might be an available connector that might be used for some optional component you don't have? There are several unused connectors in my car.

That said... I'd say it is better for you to describe what you are troubleshooting to put some context around what we are helping with.

Good point, I haven't looked at mine but if someone put a gun to my head and force me to guess, I'll say that could be temp-sensor for battery charging system (to monitor if batt is full and shut of the charging current).

robertmspeakout
06-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Was told on another forum that it is for the battery disconnect switch that is taken out during the PDI of the car. it goes nowhere.