PDA

View Full Version : Curbed my wheel

iceman5
06-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Curbed my wheel today. Not bad but about an inch long. Whats the best way to get this fixed?

Did a quick search and found this

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278949&highlight=curbed+wheel

which is the funniest thing Ive read on here.
Seven:thumbup:

wjjklj
06-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Google for a Alloy Wheel Repair facility near you. They are a franchise and do great work. They usually have their own self contained trailer that they repair the wheels in. Some of them even come to your house. I had 4 wheels redone for $400.

iceman5
06-27-2012, 03:55 PM
How did it come out in the end? Looked perfect?

Db750
06-27-2012, 04:18 PM
+1 for alloy wheel repair. My local BMW dealership uses them to do the cars on their lot.

dzle
06-27-2012, 05:05 PM
I've been putting off getting mine touched up also but plan to have Alloy Wheel Repair do it. Accidently ran over a curb and scratched my rim pretty good a while ago. Actually had to replace my tire ($235) since I warped it :mad:.

wjjklj
06-27-2012, 08:23 PM
How did it come out in the end? Looked perfect?

I thought they turned out perfect. They use the factory color silver and are able to even straighten wheels. Mine just had some rash on them. I am totally happy with their work and I consider myself picky.

oktane98
06-27-2012, 10:25 PM
I thought they turned out perfect. They use the factory color silver and are able to even straighten wheels. Mine just had some rash on them. I am totally happy with their work and I consider myself picky.

+1 I agree, after purchasing my 128's I had the dealer refinish the factory rims for the fall/winter months. Had some serious road rash. The previous owner must have turned the PDC off at times. Now they look like new:thumbup: