PDA

View Full Version : e60 2008 Angel Eyes Upgrade. Look at pix and help..

300zxmuro
06-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Folks,

First off I got the LHUXX2W2Y Version 2 WeissLicht from bavauto.com (bimmian.com seems to be the supplier) for 149$

I installed them only in the left side. Pretty straight forward but when I turned the car on the outer ring was not on. The inner one yes and it was bright for a sunny day in CA.

look at the picture, do you have a clue why the outer ring does is not on? I took the new angel eye out and turned the car on and all 4 LEDs were on. I unistalled the whole thing and put back the OEM yellow ones and all rings were on.

Now that there is a new version (10W) out there......II can always send this back for a refund and get a new set somewhere else, newwer, brighter and less pieces....

Your thoughts, opinions etc on what the problem is and the product itself if you have it or what do you have...

As you can see in the product picture it comes with a lot of crap that barely fits in the OEM cage.

ps: the picture showing the outer ring off maybe not be too clear but it is not on.

Thanks a lot!

burnie35
06-27-2012, 08:00 PM
I installed the LED's from Burger Motor Sports the other day. As has been said in a number of other posts, the outer rings are not as bright as the inner rings. And you need to be pretty much directly in front of the car (down low) to see them. In the attached photo, the new lights are on the passenger side (obviously), while the OEM's remain on the driver side. Even the OEM outer rings are not as bright as the inner rings, but the inner ring LED's seem to be much brighter than OEM.

I pulled up in front of a store window yesterday, and could see all four rings from a driver's perspective ... and I think they look pretty cool. After all, I don't think they are designed to light up the road anyway.

300zxmuro
06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
At least in your car looks on, in mine looks off....

booyaazaa
06-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Folks,

First off I got the LHUXX2W2Y Version 2 WeissLicht from bavauto.com (bimmian.com seems to be the supplier) for 149$

I installed them only in the left side. Pretty straight forward but when I turned the car on the outer ring was not on. The inner one yes and it was bright for a sunny day in CA.

look at the picture, do you have a clue why the outer ring does is not on? I took the new angel eye out and turned the car on and all 4 LEDs were on. I unistalled the whole thing and put back the OEM yellow ones and all rings were on.

Now that there is a new version (10W) out there......II can always send this back for a refund and get a new set somewhere else, newwer, brighter and less pieces....

Your thoughts, opinions etc on what the problem is and the product itself if you have it or what do you have...

As you can see in the product picture it comes with a lot of crap that barely fits in the OEM
cage.

ps: the picture showing the outer ring off maybe not be too clear but it is not on.

Thanks a lot!

The brighter inner ringers and the duller outer rings are due to the design of our AE. Short of cutting open your lights and installing Orion's it will always be that way. With the Weisslichts, from what Ive read, need to be slightly turned either completely locked into place or just a little before. A little fidgeting with the light in the AE socket. There are new 10W LED lights (be sure they have at least 4 led lights per bulb) at Trinity AS and the ones at Umnitza are pretty good. The Weisslichts are not bad but during the day there are barely visible. I went with the LUX H8 V3 LED lights for my AE. They turned out great but they are pricey.

burnie35
06-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I went with the LUX H8 V3 LED lights for my AE. They turned out great but they are pricey.

They really are brighter than mine ... lookin' good!

umnitza
06-29-2012, 02:39 PM
We have a 20W version...

booyaazaa
06-29-2012, 02:42 PM
We have a 20W version...

Wow when did you guys get those? Do you have any outdoor in the sun pics? Also how much are they?

300zxmuro
06-29-2012, 03:03 PM
We have a 20W version...

Could you send the link to buy? i am ready to get them...

Thanks!

umnitza
06-29-2012, 03:48 PM
well, you have to do certain things to make it work, and we're not sure you're ready to do it.
http://forums.5series.net/topic/124449-%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2u%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2-new-12w-led-for-lci-e60s-all-h8-xenon/page__gopid__1453722#entry1453722

booyaazaa
06-29-2012, 05:37 PM
well, you have to do certain things to make it work, and we're not sure you're ready to do it.
http://forums.5series.net/topic/124449-%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2u%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2-new-12w-led-for-lci-e60s-all-h8-xenon/page__gopid__1453722#entry1453722

Ah not a PnP option. Nvm. But looks good.

umnitza
06-29-2012, 05:44 PM
as far as the connections go, it's 10000% PNP.
There is a lip on the inside of the housing that needs to be removed. If you remove the lip, it slides in, no issues.

300zxmuro
06-30-2012, 09:46 AM
That is the problem, if you need to remove the headlight and trim something that is a turn-down for me.

What a bout the Orion V2 that claims to be the best of the best.

umnitza
06-30-2012, 11:05 AM
You can remove the lip with a pair of needle nose, no headilght removal.

However, if you want the best and brightest, the Orion V2 require you to cut your headlight open.

Wylie.aviles
07-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I have a 2005 525i and I've been looking at information to change my headlights what you have is exactly what I'm looking for, but I have the old lamps which are bulbs do you know if those lamps fit into 2005 525i

umnitza
07-07-2012, 02:37 PM
I have a 2005 525i and I've been looking at information to change my headlights what you have is exactly what I'm looking for, but I have the old lamps which are bulbs do you know if those lamps fit into 2005 525i

Are you trying to change your headlights completely or just change the angel eyes in them?